32-bit PSoC™ 5 LP Arm® Cortex®-M3
PSoC™ 5LP delivers exceptional price to performance, reducing system cost and simplifying system design in a one-chip Arm solution
PSoC™ 5LP delivers processing performance with an Arm Cortex-M3 CPU as well as a 24-bit Digital Filter Block (DFB), 24 UDBs and a high-performance DMA controller. The integration of AFE, digital logic, user interface ICs and an Arm Cortex-M3 CPU in a single chip helps you reduce your BOM costs. PSoC™ 5LP is available in Chip Scale Packages (CSP) allowing you to design with the flexibility of PSoC in small form factor applications like wearables, fitness products, and mobile devices.
PSoC™ 5LP simplifies your system power architecture design by supporting a wide operating voltage range and multiple power domains.
Infineon's PSoC™ Creator reduces your development costs and accelarates your time-to-market by using a single system development environment for editing, compiling and debugging your PSoC™ 5LP systems. PSoC™ Creator features over 150 pre-verified, production-ready peripheral Components: configurable, drag and drop, analog and digital peripheral blocks.
- 32-bit Arm Cortex-M3 CPU, 32 interrupt inputs
- 24-channel direct memory access (DMA) controller with data transfer between both peripherals and memory
- 24-bit fixed-point digital filter processor (DFB)
- 20+ Universal Building Blocks and Precise Analog Peripherals
- Up to 62 CapSense® sensors with SmartSense™ Auto-tuning
- Multiplexed AFE with programmable Opamps, 12-bit SAR ADC and 8-bit DAC
- 736 segments LCD drive for custom displays
- Packages: 68-pin QFN, 99-pin WLCSP, 100-pin TQFP
Programable Routing & Interconnect
This frees you to re-route signals to user selected pins, shedding the constraints of a fixed-peripheral controller. In addition, global buses allow for signal multiplexing and logic operations, eliminating the need for a complicated digital-logic gate design.
Configurable Analog and Digital Blocks
The combination of configurable analog and digital circuitry is the basis of the PSoC platform. You configure these blocks using pre-built library functions or by creating your own. By combining several digital blocks, you can create 16-, 24-, or even 32-bit wide logic resources. The analog blocks are composed of an assortment of switch capacitor, op-amp, comparator, ADC, DAC, and digital filter blocks, allowing complex analog signal flows.
PSoC offers a sophisticated CPU subsystem with SRAM , EE PROM, and flash memory, multiple core options and a variety of essential system resources including:
- Internal main and low-speed oscillator
- Connectivity to external crystal oscillator for precision, programmable clocking
- Sleep and watchdog timers
- Multiple clock sources that include a PLL
PSoC devices also have dedicated communication interfaces like I2C, Full-Speed USB 2.0, CAN 2.0, and on-chip debugging capabilities using JTAG and Serial Wire Debug.
- Download PSoC™ Creator
- Quick Start Guide available within the tool (Help → Documentation → Quick Start Guide)
- View tutorial video inside of PSoC™ Creator
- Purchase a CY8CKIT-050 PSoC™ 5LP development kit or a CY8CKIT-059 prototyping kit
- Start your first PSoC™ designs
- Join the Infineon Developer Community
|Datasheet||PSoc 5800||PSoC 5600||PSoC 5400||PSoC 5200|
|Core||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3|
|Max CPU Speed||80-MHz||80-MHz||80-MHz||80-MHz|
|ADCs||1x20-bit Del-Sig||2x12-bit SAR||1x12-bit SAR||1x12-bit SAR|
|SC/CT Analog Blocks||4||4||2||0|
|Digital Filter Block||Y||Y||N||N|
|Universal Digital Blocks||24||24||24||24|
|Development Kit||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP|
|Prototyping Kit||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP|
Infineon Developer Community is available 24x7 for you to connect and network with engineers across the globe. Get help from Infineon support engineers, and expert members to solve your design challenges anytime, from anywhere, in any topic, and in your preferred language.