32-bit Microcontrollers with ARM® Cortex®-M0 with focus on low-cost embedded control applications. XMC1000 is the number one choice for bringing traditional 32-bit designs to the next level, addressing a broad application spectrum from typical 32-bit applications up to digital power conversion and even field-oriented motor control. XMC1300 family can integrate all the control and analog interface functions required for sensor less Field Oriented Control (FOC), brushless (BLDC), brushed DC and PMSM motors.
Summary of Features
- 8KB Flash, 16KB RAM
- Supply voltage range: 1.8 - 5.5V
- 8 x 16-bit special purpose timers, dead time generation
- Hall Sensor & Encoder I/F
- 12 channel 12-bit ADC, 2 x parallel sampling
- 2 channel USIC (configurable to SPI, UART, IIC, IIS)
- 3 x Comparators
- Peripherals Clock: 64 [MHZ]
- Temperature Sensor
- Pseudo Random Number Gererator
- Real Time Clock
- Watch Dog Timer
- Temperature range: -40 - 85°C
- Analog comparators with only 3 mv input offset voltage and a propagation delay of 30 ns
Motor Control (eBike, power tool):
In general XMC1000 microcontrollers can be found controlling, flying or moving around on board many different types of drones and eBikes around the world.
Some functionalities that makes XMC1300 suited to motor control application:
- Easy 3-phase inverter implementation with a single CCU8 PWM unit, offering shadow register transfer, external input for fault control, binary and floating pre-scaler, 16-bit to 64-bit width
- POSIF interface to directly connect hall sensors and incremental encoder.
- 12-bit ADC with on-chip adjustable gain of x1, x3, x6 or x12
XMC™ microcontrollers help bring this new dimension into traditional LED lighting systems. With their Brightness and Color Control Unit (BCCU), XMC1300 series products offer an industry-unique module for automatically controlling the dimming level and color of multi-channel LED lamps and can also add DALI or DMX communication capability, facilitating advanced single-chip smart lighting solutions.
Some Key features for smart lighting applications:
- Automatic brightness control (using high-frequency pulse density modulation) based on the ∑∆ principle enables completely flicker-free dimming through 9 output channels
- Automatic exponential dimming and linear intensity changes make brightness or color changes appear smooth and natural to the human eye
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard).
Some functionalities that makes XMC1300 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- Analog comparators with only 3 mV input offset voltage and a propagation delay of 30 ns.
DAVE™ (Version 4) – Development Platform for XMC™ Microcontrollers
Professional Free-of-Charge Development Platform for Code Generation
Free of charge Eclipse based IDE using GNU C-compiler providing extensive, configurable, and reusable code repository for XMC™ industrial microcontroller powered by ARM® Cortex®-M processors.
Application oriented code repository merged with graphical system design methods and automatic code generator to guide XMC™ microcontroller user along the entire process – from evaluation-to-production (E2P). XMC™ Lib and DAVE™ generated code can be used with other 3rd party tool chains.
Get your free µC/Probe™ XMC™ Software Download here!
DAVE™ – Free Eclipse based code development platform/IDE offering code repository, graphical system design methods, and automatic code generator to guide XMC™ microcontroller user along the entire process – from evaluation to production (E2P). XMC™ Lib and DAVE™ generated code is tested and released for use with 3rd party tool.
DAVE™ (Version 4) – professional free-of-charge integrated development environment (IDE) supporting the whole development process from evaluation-to-production (E2P).
Free Eclipse based integrated development environment (IDE) including GNU C-compiler, debugger, comprehensive code repository, hardware resource management, and code generation plug-in.
A complete download package is provided, including IDE, XMC™ Lib, DAVE™ APPs, EXAMPLES, and DAVE™ SDK.
Ready to use APIs for peripherals which are tested for GNU-, ARM-, IAR- und TASKING- compiler, and released for Altium, ARM/KEIL, Atollic, IAR Systems, iSystems and Rowley compiler IDEs.
Low level driver libraries for XMC™ peripherals (APIs), CMSIS / MISRA 2004 compliant including documentation. XMC™ Lib – Release Note
|System:||Timer/PWM:||Analog-mixed Signal:||Communication:||Application specific:||Examples:|
Graphical User Interface (GUI) configurable application oriented software components using XMC™ Lib (Low Level Driver); arranged in a library (APIs)
General Purpose and System DAVE™ APPs:
XMC™ Lib (Low Level Driver for XMC™ MCUs) and DAVE™ APPs composed to application examples
|3 rd PARTIES||
XMC™ Lib and DAVE™ APPs are tested with GCC, ARM®, TASKING, IAR compilers;
A wide portfolio of more than hundred different feature / performance / memory / package options powered by 32-bit ARM® Cortex®–M0/M4F
|Rapid Prototyping Tools||
XMC™ Flasher Tool
Easy-to-use and free-of-charge tool to connect and flash XMC™ MCUs
XMC™ Link, Functional Isolated Debug Probe
Functional Isolated Debug Probe, based on SEGGER J-Link Technology
XMC™ Pinout Tool
Graphical Pinout allocation tool for rapid prototyping
For MATLAB® and Simulink®
The XMC™ Library for Embedded Coder® for MATLAB® and Simulink® provides support for code generation of all XMC™ microcontroller to enable an easy model-based design flow, for any type of applications.
The XMC™ Library for Embedded Coder® enables the automatic code generation of your software algorithm optimized for XMC™ MCUs. It provides system and peripheral initialization and a comprehensive set of peripheral library blocks, such as
The XMC™ Library for Embedded Coder® enables the user fast model-based design for real-time applications from MATLAB® and Simulink® environment.
|XMC1000 family, ARM ® Cortex ® - M0||XMC4000 family, ARM ® Cortex ® - M4F|
*Upcoming, middle of the second half of 2016
The library supports code generation of system initialization for XMC™ microcontroller including direct compilation and linking.
It supports easy integration with Infineon's DAVE™ and use with all major ARM® third-party tools and compiler/IDEs.
|Application||XMC™ Evaluation kits and boards|
XMC™ Library for Embedded Coder® - includes:
- System initialization libraries
- Peripheral initialization libraries
- Optimized code libraries (CORDIC, CMSIS)
- Support for all the XMC™ microcontrollers
- Advanced functions
- Initialization sequence block
- Resource name configurator
- Compilation/linking support (via the GNU gcc/g++)
MatrikonOPC UA Embedded Suite for Microcontroller
Industrie 4.0 and IIoT ready OPC UA connectivity are rapidly transforming how M2M communications, control automation, and device-to-enterprise communications are implemented.
In this emerging hyper-connected world, even the smallest devices will be expected to support secure standards-based data connectivity. Selected as the connectivity standard of choice for Industrie 4.0 applications, OPC UA is the single, most important data connectivity standard vendors need to implement in their devices to ensure their products can take part in and compete in the new world.
The MatrikonOPC UA Embedded Software Development Kit (SDK) is the fastest, easiest way to OPC UA enable your Infineon based systems using XMC4000 MCU family. Without having to learn the intricacies of OPC UA and not having to debug OPC UA server implementations, the MatrikonOPC UA Embedded SDK lets you confidently take your OPC UA enabled product to market faster.
For EPSON TFT CTRL ICs, XMC™ microcontrollers and DAVE™ IDE
Professional, discrete and scalable TFT display control solutions
The EPSON Graphics Library/API is a software library designed to enable and simplify the process of displaying graphics and text on a TFT panel by using a general purpose XMC™ microcontroller connected to an EPSON TFT CTRL ICs (S1D13781) in a discrete and scalable system approach like shown below:
Thanks to the free-of-charge library/API for DAVE™ IDE, a comprehensive documentation and a Arduino hardware compatible shield board (S5U13781R01C100), user can easy experience the system performance and benefits that a discrete system approach offers:
- Up to 7“ displays (up to 800x480 resolution)
- Free-of-charge TFT display control library/API
- Easy-to-use and scale MCU and TFT CRTL ICs
- Best-in-class hardware graphic acceleration
- Enable reduction of PCB layer and system cost
- Embedded Video Memory
EPSON Display Controllers more
EPSON TFT graphic library and documentation for XMC™ and DAVE™ more
Graphically visualizes the internals of XMC™ 32-bit ARM ® based microcontrollers
The free-of-charge version µC/Probe™ XMC™ is a derivative of µC/Probe™ developed by Micrium® working with XMC™ microcontrollers only. µC/Probe™ XMC™ is a Windows based application that allows you to read and write the memory of XMC™ microcontrollers during run-time in a non-intrusive way and with a graphical dashboard to fine-tune your application.
- Generate your own user interface (UI) by dragging and dropping of controls and indicators. No programming is required. Drag and drop the graphic components into place and watch them
- Real-time monitoring and instant control of global variables and memory in non-intrusive way
- Use µC/Probe™ for XMC™ to extend the capabilities of your debugging software by running both at the same time
- Support for different communication standards to simply connect your application – J-Link, CMSIS-DAP, TCPP/IP, USB and RS-232
As an example, visualize real-time data of time critical control loops in motor control or digital power conversion with an 8 channel digital oscilloscope. The oscilloscope can simply be instrumented with a target code that allows configurations like sample frequency and sample buffer size. The datas are visualized in a GUI running on a PC and enabling sophisticated features like negative/positive, pre/post, single/continuous trigger to exactly capture important real-time data to analyze and optimize the application code.