32-bit Microcontrollers with ARM® Cortex®-M0 with smart application oriented features. The XMC1200 series belongs to the XMC1000 Family of industrial microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M0 processor core. The XMC1200 series devices are optimized for LED Lighting applications and Human-Machine interface (HMI).Â Increasing complexity and demand for computing power of embedded control applications requires microcontrollers to have a significant CPU performance, integrated peripheral functionality and rapid development environment enabling short time-to market, without compromising cost efficiency.
Summary of Features
- 16KB Flash, 16KB RAM
- Supply voltage range 1.8 - 5.5 V
- 4 x 16-bit timers
- 12 channel 12-bit ADC, 2 x parallel sampling
- 2 channel USIC (configurable to SPI, UART, IIC, IIS)
- 16 channel touch control / LED matrix control
- 3 x comparators
- Temperature Sensor
- Core frequency: 32[MHZ]
- Peripherals clock: 64[MHZ]
- Pseudo Random Number Gererator
- Real Time Clock
- Watch Dog Timer
- Temperature range: -40 - 85°C
XMC™ microcontrollers help bring this new dimension into traditional LED lighting systems. Â With their Brightness and Color Control Unit (BCCU), XMC1200/1300/1400 series
Products offer an industry-unique module for automatically controlling the dimming level and color of multi-channel LED lamps. XMC1200/1300/1400 series microcontrollers can also add DALI or DMX communication capability, facilitating advanced single-chip smart lighting solutions.
Besides LED driving, communication and housekeeping, XMC™ MCUs can also cover the SMPS functionality of an LED driver.
Key features of the XMC1000 family for smart lighting applications:
- Automatic brightness control (using high-frequency pulse density modulation) based on the ∑∆ principle enables completely flicker-free dimming through 9 output channels.
- Automatic exponential dimming and linear intensity changes make brightness or color changes appear smooth and natural to the human eye
- Integrated high-speed analog comparators for peak-current control and zero-crossing detection