32-bit Microcontrollers with ARM® Cortex®-M0 with smart application oriented features. The XMC1200 series belongs to the XMC1000 Family of industrial microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M0 processor core. The XMC1200 series devices are optimized for LED Lighting applications and Human-Machine interface (HMI). Increasing complexity and demand for computing power of embedded control applications requires microcontrollers to have a significant CPU performance, integrated peripheral functionality and rapid development environment enabling short time-to market, without compromising cost efficiency.
Summary of Features:
- 16 - 200 KB Flash, 16KB RAM
- Supply voltage range: 1.8–5.5 V
- 2 channel USIC (configurable to SPI, UART, IIC, IIS)
- LED brightness & color control module (BCCU)
- 2 x and 3 x Comparators
- Work as a temperature sensor
- The system contains real Time Clock and Watch dog Timer
- Pseudo Random Number Gererator
- Packages: VFQN/TSSOP
- Temperature range: -40 °C … 85 °C/105 °C
- Core frequency: 32[MHZ]
- Peripherals clock: 64[MHZ]
XMC™ microcontrollers help bring this new dimension into traditional LED lighting systems. With their Brightness and Color Control Unit (BCCU), XMC1200/1300/1400 series Products offer an industry-unique module for automatically controlling the dimming level and color of multi-channel LED lamps. XMC1200/1300/1400 series microcontrollers can also add DALI or DMX communication capability, facilitating advanced single-chip smart lighting solutions.
Besides LED driving, communication and housekeeping, XMC™ MCUs can also cover the SMPS functionality of an LED driver.
Key features of the XMC1000 family for smart lighting applications:
- Automatic brightness control (using high-frequency pulse density modulation) based on the ∑∆ principle enables completely flicker-free dimming through 9 output channels.
- Automatic exponential dimming and linear intensity changes make brightness or color changes appear smooth and natural to the human eye
- Integrated high-speed analog comparators for peak-current control and zero-crossing detection
|A/D Input Lines (incl. FADC)||6/8/10/12|
|Additional Features||Temp. Sensor/BCCU, 3x ACMP, Temp. Sensor|
|Clock Frequency max||32.0 MHZ|
|Digital I/O Pins||14/22/26/34|
|EEPROM Emulation (Data-Flash)||yes|
|External Bus Interface||no|
|Fast Flash Programming||no|
|Floating Point Unit||no|
|I/O Operation Voltages||1.8 V 5.5 V|
|Instruction Set Architecture||ARM® Cortex®-M0 (32-bit)|
|Instruction Width ([bits])||32/16|
|Number of ADC Modules||2.0|
|On-chip Clock Generation||yes|
|On-chip Voltage Regulator||yes|
|Peripheral Control Processor||no|
|Power Mode||clock gating possible|
|Program Memory||16.0/32/64/128/200 [KByte]|
|Real Time Clock||yes|
|Serial I/O Interfaces||2|
|Temperature||-40 to 85°C/125°C|
|Timed I/O Pins (PWM, CAPCOM)||6/11/13|
|Touch/LED Matrix Control||no|
|Type of Memory||Flash|
|Type of Serial I/O Interfaces||UART SPI ; I²C ; I²S|
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.