FlexRay is a serial, deterministic bus system for real-time control applications. It is designed for future requirements of in-vehicle control applications, providing data transmission rates up to 10 Mbit/s. FlexRay is designed for collision-free data communication. The nodes do not arbitrate and the FlexRay Communication Controller (CC) guarantees a collision-free bus access during normal operation. The FlexRay bus system is patent-protected by the international FlexRay consortium. The consortium defines and publishes the requirements for FlexRay bus systems, for the data-link layer, the physical layer and all other requisite application layers. The TLE9221SX FlexRay transceiver is a FlexRay bus driver (BD) and it accomplishes the physical interface between the Communication Controller and the bus medium. Fully compliant with the FlexRay Electrical Physical Layer Specification, version 3.0.1 (acronym EPL).
Summary of Features:
- Compliant with the FlexRay Electrical Physical Layer Specification, version 3.0.1
- Optimized for time-triggered in-vehicle networks with data transmission rates from 1 Mbit/s up to 10 Mbit/s
- Optimized electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME), supporting large networks and complex bus topologies
- Best-in-class ESD robustness of +/-10 kV according to HBM and +/-11 kV according to IEC61000-4-2
- Supports 60 ns minimum bit time
- Optimized digital inputs to minimize jitter
- Integrated Bus Guardian Interface
- Bus failure protection and error detection
- Automatic voltage adaptation on the digital interface pins
- High current digital outputs, optimized to drive long wires and high capacitive loads
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Chassis Control
- Electrical Power Steering and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.