The CAN-transceiver TLE6251DS is a monolithic integrated circuit in a PG-DSO-8 package for high speed differential mode data transmission (up to 1 Mbaud) and reception in automotive and
industrial applications. It works as an interface between the CAN protocol controller and the physical bus lines compatible to ISO11898-2/-5. As a successor to the first generation of HS CAN (TLE6250), the TLE6251DS is designed to provide an excellent passive behavior when the transceiver is switched off (mixed networks, terminal 15/30 applications) and a remote wake-up capability via CAN bus in low power mode. This supports networks with partially un-powered nodes. The TLE6251DS has two operation modes, the normal and the stand-by mode. These modes can be chosen by the STB pin. If the TLE6251DS is in stand-by mode and a message on the bus isdetected, the TLE6251DS changes the level at the RxD pin corresponding to the bus signal (wake-up flag). The TLE6251DS is also designed to withstand the severe conditions of automotive applications and to support 12 V and 24 V applications. The IC is based on the Smart Power Technology SPT® which allows bipolar and CMOS control circuitry in accordance with DMOS power devices existing on the same monolithic circuit.
Summary of Features:
- CAN data transmission rate up to 1 Mbaud
- Compliant to ISO11898-2/-5
- Supports 12 V and 24 V automotive applications
- Low power mode with remote wake-up via CAN bus
- Wake signaling by RxD change
- No BUS load in stand-by mode
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Digital inputs compatible to 3.3 and 5 V logic devices
- CAN short circuit proof to ground, battery and V CC
- Split termination to stabilize the recessive level
- TxD time-out function
- Overtemperature protection
- Protected against automotive transients
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Body Controller and Gateway ECU’s
- Dashboard, Instrument Cluster
- Car Audio and Navigation Systems, Infotainment
- Seat and Door Modules
Designers who used this product also designed with
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.