EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C Mobile Power Adapter Solution using Power Integrations
The CCG3PA 27W Mobile Power Adapter Board is a receptacle based Type-C power adapter which supports a maximum power profile of 27W (9V, 3A). The two major components on the board are Infineon’s EZ-PD™ CCG3PA (CYPD3175-24LQXQ) controller and Power Integrations InnoSwitch family's AC-DC controller. This design is targeted towards mobile phone Power Adapters.
CCG3PA regulates the VBUS voltage by controlling the feedback node of the InnoSwtich AC-DC controller. CCG3PA monitors and handles fault protection like Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Current, Short-Circuit and Over-Temperature. CCG3PA drives the external PFET and also controls VBUS discharge with integrated discharge resistors. CYPD3175-24LQXQ is factory programmed with DFP CC with Direct Feedback Bootloader, the application firmware for this solution is available in CCGx Power SDK and any further customization can be done using the EZ-PD™ Configuration utility (refer section 2.1.3 below for more details). CCG3PA CYPD3175-24LQXQ for this solution is available in 24-QFN package.
- Delivers up to 27W of power to charge USB PD3.0/QC 4.0 enabled mobile phones
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 for Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 4.0
- Integrates VBUS-to-CC short protection
- Reduces BOM with integrated:
- Single-chip primary and secondary side controller
- 30-V Tolerant regulator
- VBUS PFET gate drivers
- Feedback amplifier to directly drive InnoSwitch
- Low-side current sense amplifier
- Legacy charge support on DP/DM lines
- ESD on VBUS, CC and DP/DM
Infineon/Power Integrations have developed a reference schematic to enable customer to speed up their design and development cycle time.
Need help? Ask a question and find answers in the Infineon Developer Community.