Auxiliary power supply board
This reference board represents the auxiliary power supply building block of the Infineon reference design kit for Drives (short Infineon RDK for Drives). It provides three output voltages for IGBT power stage control. Utilization of our CoolSiC™ MOSFET IMBF170R1K0M1 supports high voltage, high frequency operation achieving high efficiency.
The design and layout as well as the selection of passive components is performed with strong focus towards “industry oriented” design, offering customers a valuable starting point for their design and layout.
Summary of Features
- auxiliary power supply with +15 V, +5 V and -15 V outputs
- total output power up to 20 W
- Flyback topology controlled through peak current mode controller
- input and output terminations and necessary protection circuit tailored
- operated stand alone or in conjunction with Infineon RDK for Drives power boards
- get inspiring starting points for own power supply design based on flyback topology
- benefit from predefined implementation ideas for own design and layout and reduce own design effort and risks
- CoolSiCTM MOSFET supports system cost reduction and high efficiency, high frequency, reduced filtering and heat sink less design
- special focus on snubber design
- utilize hardware blocks for own evaluations, application tests or application demonstration with minimum own hardware efforts