65W 19.5V SMPS Evaluation Board with PWM controller ICE3GS03LJG
Universal input power supply designed in a 19.5V 65W off line flyback converter that utilizes the PWM controller ICE3GS03LJG. The application board is operated in discontinuous current mode (DCM) and is running at 130 kHz switching frequency. It has one output voltage with secondary side control regulation. The ICE3GS03LJG is a current mode PWM controller. With the 500V startup cell, active burst mode and BiCMOS technologies, the standby power can be <100mW at no load. The frequency jitter mode and the soft gate drive can give a low EMI performance. The built-in 20ms blanking window and the extendable blanking time approach can prevent the IC from entering the auto restart mode due to over load protection unintentionally. The outstanding propagation delay compensation feature can allow a very precise current limit between low line and high line. For this IC, it provides both auto-restart and latch off protection mode. For those serious faults such as Vcc over-voltage, over temperature, short transformer winding, etc, the IC will enter the latched off protection mode. For those less severe case such as the over load, open loop, Vcc under-voltage & short opto-coupler, it enters the auto restart protection mode. In case it needs customer defined protection, the external latch off enable feature can fulfill the requirement.
Summary of Features:
- 500V Startup Cell switched off after Start Up
- Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
- Fast load jump response in Active Burst Mode
- 130 kHz internally fixed switching frequency
- Built-in Latched Off Protection Mode for Overtemperature, Overvoltage & Short Winding
- Auto Restart Protection Mode for Overload, Open Loop,VCC Undervoltage & Short Optocoupler
- Built-in Soft Start
- Built-in blanking window with extendable blanking time for short duration high current
- External latch off enable function
- Max Duty Cycle 75%
- Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
- Internal PWM Leading Edge Blanking
- BiCMOS technology provide wide VCC range
- Frequency jitter and soft gate driving for low EMI
AC/DC power supply such as LCD monitors, adapters for printers and notebook computers, DVD players and recorder, Blu-Ray DVD player and recorder, set-top boxes and industrial auxiliary power supplies.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.