XE166 Family (Industrial)
Select a Subcategory
Complete Portfolio from Low Cost to High Performance
- Flexible serial interface (USIC) supporting I2C, I2S, UART, LIN, SPL, IO-Link
- MultiCAN with up to six independent CAN nodes and 256 message objects
Huge Range of Memory Offerings
- Up to 1,600KB Flash
- Up to 138KB RAM
- External Bus Interface (EBU)
Single-Cycle C166 V.2 Core
- 32-bit MAC unit
- 100 MIPS performance
- Fast interrupt response and switching
Peripheral Event Controller
The Peripheral Event Controller (PEC) enables single cycle data transfers between memory and peripherals without the intervention of an interrupt service routine. The PEC provides eight PEC service channels which move a single byte or word between any two locations with optional automatic updating of the source and destination pointers. A PEC transfer can be triggered by any interrupt service request and is the fastest possible interrupt response.
The architecture of the XE166 supports several mechanisms for fast and flexible responses to service requests from various sources internal or external to the microcontroller.
- DMA transfer issued by the PEC
- Priority-level interrupt system with up to 87 sources, selectable external inputs for interrupt generation and wake-up
- 16 interrupt priority levels, each with eight groups for prioritization
- Very short interrupt response time (7/11 cycles minimum)
Highest Performance PWM Generation
- Powerful analog to digital converter (600ns, +/- 2LSB)
- Multiple Capture/ Compare Units (CCU)
- HW synchronization of CCU/ADC
Embedded Safety Features
- Memory Protection Unit (MPU)
- Memory Checker (MCHK, CRC)
- ECC for SRAM and Flash
- ADC broken wire detection
ECC for SRAM and Flash
With the move to smaller and smaller feature sizes, single-bit failures in Flash memory are a fact that no manufacturer can disregard. Infineon has put in place a very effective Error-Correction-Coding (ECC) technology, able to find and correct single-bit errors and detect double-bit errors. When unexpected power disruptions are capable of causing injuries, fatalities, serious business disruption or data loss, designers as well as end-customers will welcome the superior reliability provided by Infineon’s microcontrollers in general, and the XE166 real-time signal controllers in particular. In the XE166N, M and H-Series, Infineon has implemented ECC on all SRAMs as well as an MPU (Memory Protection Unit) to achieve fail-safe operations.
Highest Quality and Long-Term Availability
- Less than 1dppm since 2006
- Typical product life cycle > 10 years
- Guaranteed lifetime in hours
The highest quality standards are not only a must in safety-critical applications, but also help embedded designers to improve end-customer satisfaction by reducing field returns and therefore reducing the cost of not achieving the desired quality. Infineon has implemented a zero-defect quality program which yielded less than 1dppm since 2006.
The long-term availability of electronic components is crucial to industrial applications, where designs can last 10 to 20 years. Infineon’s typical product lifetime exceeds 10 years, thus allowing customers to secure long-term planning.
Designed for Harsh Industrial Requirements
The XE166 derivates are designed for industrial applications only. The product lifetime, also specified in the datasheet, is shown below:
- Contact us