The TLE9262QX is a monolithic integrated circuit in an exposed pad VQFN-48 (7mm x 7mm) power package with Lead Tip Inspection (LTI) feature to support Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI). The device is designed for various CAN-LIN automotive applications as main supply for the microcontroller and as interface for a LIN and CAN bus network.
To support these applications, the System Basis Chip (SBC) provides the main functions, such as a 5V low-dropout voltage regulator (LDO) for e.g. a microcontroller supply, another 5V low-dropout voltage regulator with off-board protection for e.g. sensor supply, another 5V/3.3V regulator to drive an external PNP transistor, which can be used as an independent supply for off-board usage or in load sharing configuration with the main regulator VCC1, a HS-CAN transceiver supporting CAN FD and LIN transceiver for data transmission, high-side switches with embedded protective functions and a 16-bit Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to control and monitor the device. Also implemented are a configurable timeout / window watchdog circuit with a reset feature, three Fail Outputs and an under voltage reset feature.
The device offers low-power modes in order to minimize current consumption on applications that are connected permanently to the battery. A wake-up from the low-power mode is possible via a message on the buses, via the bi-level sensitive monitoring/wake-up inputs as well as via cyclic wake. The device is designed to withstand the severe conditions of automotive applications.
Summary of Features:
- Very low quiescent current consumption in Stop- and Sleep Mode
- Periodic Cyclic Wake in SBC Normal- and Stop Mode
- Periodic Cyclic Sense in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
- Low-Drop Voltage Regulator 5V, 250mA
- Low-Drop Voltage Regulator 5V, 100mA, protected features for off-board usage
- Low-Drop Voltage Regulator, driving an external PNP transistor - 5V in load sharing configuration or 5V/3.3V in stand-alone configuration, protected features for off-board usage. Current limitation by shunt resistor (up to 350mA with 470mΩ external shunt resistor) in stand-alone configuration
- High-Speed CAN Transceiver:
- fully compliant to ISO11898-2 and ISO11898-5
- suitable for chokeless operation up to 500kbps
- supporting CAN FD communication up to 2 Mbps
- LIN Transceiver LIN 2.2, J2602 with configurable TXD timeout feature and LIN Flash Mode
- Fully compliant to “Hardware Requirements for LIN, CAN and FlexRay Interfaces in Automotive Applications” Revision 1.3, 2012-05-04
- Four High-Side Outputs 7Ω typ.
- Dedicated supply pin for High-Side Outputs
- Two General Purpose High-Voltage In- and Outputs (GPIOs) configurable as add. Fail Outputs, Wake Inputs, Low-Side switches or High-Side switches
- Three universal High-Voltage Wake Inputs for voltage level monitoring
- Alternate High-Voltage Measurement Function, e.g. for battery voltage sensing
- Configurable wake-up sources
- Reset Output
- Configurable timeout and window watchdog
- Up to three Fail Outputs (depending on configuration)
- Over temperature and short circuit protection feature
- Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
- Software compatible to all SBC families TLE926x and TLE927x
- Green Product (RoHS compliant) & AEC Qualified
- PG-VQFN-48 leadless exposed-pad power package with Lead Tip Inspection (LTI) feature to support Automatic Optical Inspection (AO)
- Body control modules
- Climate control
- Seat control
- Door control and closures
- Light control modules
- Engine management systems
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the SBC ConfigWizard. Also other software for System Basis Chips as well as other Infineon devices can be found in the Infineon Toolbox
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon’s System Basis Chips are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-D such as but not limited to Gear Shifters (ASIL-B), Electric Parking Brake (ASIL-C), ADAS Domain Control (ASIL-D) or Chassis Domain Control (ASIL-D).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its automotive System Basis Chips (SBC):
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.