The TLE9471-3ES V33 is a monolithically integrated circuit in an exposed pad PG-TSDSO-24-1 (150 mil) power package. The device is designed for various CAN automotive applications as main supply for the microcontroller and as interface for a CAN bus network including the CAN Partial Networking feature. To support these applications, the System Basis Chip (SBC) provides the main functions, such as a 5 V lowdropout voltage regulator (Buck SMPS) for e.g. a microcontroller supply, another 5 V low-dropout voltage regulator with off-board protection for e.g. sensor supply, a HS-CAN transceiver supporting CAN FD and CAN Partial Networking (incl. FD tolerant mode) for data transmission, a high-voltage GPIO with embedded protective functions and a 16-bit Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to control and monitor the device. Also implemented are a configurable timeout / window watchdog circuit with a reset feature, one Fail Output and an undervoltage reset feature. The device offers low-power modes in order to minimize current consumption on applications that are connected permanently to the battery. A wake-up from the low-power mode is possible via a message on the buses, via the bi-level sensitive monitoring/wake-up input as well as via cyclic wake.
Summary of Features:
• Very low quiescent current consumption in Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Wake in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Sense in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Low-Drop Buck DC/DC Voltage Regulator 3.3 V, 500 mA for main supply with integrated spread spectrum modulation feature for optimum EMC performance
• Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator 5 V, 100 mA, protected features for off-board usage
• High-Speed CAN transceiver supporting FD communication up to 5 Mbit/s and featuring CAN Partial Networking & CAN FD tolerant mode according to ISO 11898-2:2016 & SAE J2284
• Fully compliant to “Hardware Requirements for LIN, CAN and FlexRay Interfaces in Automotive Applications” Revision 1.3, 2012-05-04
• Charge pump-Output for N-channel MOSFET reverse-polarity protection with integrated spread spectrum modulation feature for optimum EMC performance
• Universal High-Voltage Wake Input for voltage level monitoring and wake detection
• General Purpose High-Voltage In- and Output (GPIO) configurable as Fail Output, Wake Input, Low-Side switch or High-Side switch
• HIgh-Voltage Measurement Function as alternate pin assignment
• Fail Outputs for Fail-Safe signalization
• Configurable wake-up sources
• Reset Output & Interrupt Output
• Configurable timeout and window watchdog
• Overtemperature and short circuit protection feature
• Dedicated TEST pin for SBC Development Mode entry (watchdog counter stopped)
• Software compatible to all SBC families TLE926x and TLE927x
• Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
• Optimized for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and low Electromagnetic Emission (EME)
• Optimized for high immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• AEC Qualified & Green Product (RoHS compliant)
• In-Cabin Wireless Charger
• Transmission, Transfer Case, Gear shifter and selectors
• Exhaust module and NOx sensor
• In-Cabin Wireless Charger
• Water pump
• HVAC ECU and Control panel
• Light Control Unit (LCU) for front, rear and ambient
• Seat belt pretension
• Steering column and steering lock
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the SBC ConfigWizard. Also other software for System Basis Chips as well as other Infineon devices can be found in the Infineon Toolbox
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
||Config Wizard for SBC allows easy configuration of Automotive SBC products.|
Bode Plot Tool can be used to calculate and draw a Bode Plot for SBC products.
This tool allows the user to calculate the power dissipation of a selected device and if applicable then of external power devices.
CAN PN Configurator
The CAN PN software is a design-in tool for Infineon SBC users. Based on generic input data, it creates a sample code that can be used from users as a starting point for their application specific software development. It shows, how the SBC must be configured to enable a specific functionality CAN Partial Networking.
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon’s System Basis Chips are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-D such as but not limited to Gear Shifters (ASIL-B), Electric Parking Brake (ASIL-C), ADAS Domain Control (ASIL-D) or Chassis Domain Control (ASIL-D).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its automotive System Basis Chips (SBC):
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.