The TLE9461-3ES is a monolithically integrated circuit in an exposed pad PG-TSDSO-24-1 (150 mil) power package. The device is designed for various CAN automotive applications as main supply for the microcontroller and as interface for a CAN bus network including the CAN Partial Networking feature. To support these applications, the System Basis Chip (SBC) provides the main functions, such as a 5 V lowdropout voltage regulator (LDO) for e.g. a microcontroller supply, another 5 V low-dropout voltage regulator with off-board protection for e.g. sensor supply, a HS-CAN transceiver supporting CAN FD and CAN Partial Networking (incl. FD tolerant mode) for data transmission, a high-voltage GPIO with embedded protective functions and a 16-bit Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to control and monitor the device. Also implemented are a configurable timeout / window watchdog circuit with a reset feature, one Fail Output and an undervoltage reset feature. The device offers low-power modes in order to minimize current consumption on applications that are connected permanently to the battery. A wake-up from the low-power mode is possible via a message on the buses, via the bi-level sensitive monitoring/wake-up input as well as via cyclic wake.
Summary of Features:
• Very low quiescent current consumption in Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Wake in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Sense in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator 5 V, 150 mA for main supply, 250 mA peak
• Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator 5 V, 100 mA, protected features for off-board usage
• High-Speed CAN transceiver supporting FD communication up to 5 Mbit/s and featuring CAN Partial Networking & CAN FD tolerant mode according to ISO 11898-2:2016 & SAE J2284
• Fully compliant to “Hardware Requirements for LIN, CAN and FlexRay Interfaces in Automotive Applications” Revision 1.3, 2012-05-04
• Charge pump-Output for N-channel MOSFET reverse-polarity protection with integrated spread spectrum modulation feature for optimum EMC performance
• Universal High-Voltage Wake Input for voltage level monitoring and wake detection
• General Purpose High-Voltage In- and Output (GPIO) configurable as Fail Output, Wake Input, Low-Side
switch or High-Side switch
• HIgh-Voltage Measurement Function as alternate pin assignment
• Fail Outputs for Fail-Safe signalization
• Configurable wake-up sources
• Reset Output & Interrupt Output
• Configurable timeout and window watchdog
• Overtemperature and short circuit protection feature
• Dedicated TEST pin for SBC Development Mode entry (watchdog counter stopped)
• Software compatible to all SBC families TLE926x and TLE927x
• Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
• Optimized for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and low Electromagnetic Emission (EME)
• Optimized for high immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• AEC Qualified & Green Product (RoHS compliant)
• HVAC ECU and Control panel
• Light Control Unit (LCU) for front, rear and ambient
• Seat control module
• Seat belt pretension
• Steering column and steering lock
• Closure (trunk, sliding door, etc.)
• Gear shifters and selectors
• Smart power distribution modules
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the SBC Config Wizard. Also other software for System Basis Chips and other Infineon devices can be found in the Infineon Tollbox
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
Functional Safety ASIL
Infineon’s System Basis Chips are already used in a variety of application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-D such as but not limited to Electric Parking Brake (ASIL-C), Hear Shifters (ASIL-C) ADAS Domain Control (ASIL-D) or Chassis Domain Control (ASIL-D).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its automotive System Basis Chips (SBC):
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. area breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.