The TLE9461-3ES V33 is a monolithically integrated circuit in an exposed pad PG-TSDSO-24-1 (150 mil) power package. The device is designed for various CAN automotive applications as main supply for the microcontroller and as interface for a CAN bus network including the CAN Partial Networking feature. To support these applications, the System Basis Chip (SBC) provides the main functions, such as a 5 V lowdropout voltage regulator (LDO) for e.g. a microcontroller supply, another 5 V low-dropout voltage regulator with off-board protection for e.g. sensor supply, a HS-CAN transceiver supporting CAN FD and CAN Partial Networking (incl. FD tolerant mode) for data transmission, a high-voltage GPIO with embedded protective functions and a 16-bit Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to control and monitor the device. Also implemented are a configurable timeout / window watchdog circuit with a reset feature, one Fail Output and an undervoltage reset feature. The device offers low-power modes in order to minimize current consumption on applications that are connected permanently to the battery. A wake-up from the low-power mode is possible via a message on the buses, via the bi-level sensitive monitoring/wake-up input as well as via cyclic wake.
Summary of Features
• Very low quiescent current consumption in Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Wake in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Periodic Cyclic Sense in SBC Normal-, Stop- and Sleep Mode
• Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator 3.3 V, 150 mA for main supply, 250 mA peak
• Low-Drop Linear Voltage Regulator 5 V, 100 mA, protected features for off-board usage
• High-Speed CAN transceiver supporting FD communication up to 5 Mbit/s and featuring CAN Partial Networking & CAN FD tolerant mode according to ISO 11898-2:2016 & SAE J2284
• Fully compliant to “Hardware Requirements for LIN, CAN and FlexRay Interfaces in Automotive Applications” Revision 1.3, 2012-05-04
• Charge pump-Output for N-channel MOSFET reverse-polarity protection with integrated spread spectrum modulation feature for optimum EMC performance
• Universal High-Voltage Wake Input for voltage level monitoring and wake detection
• General Purpose High-Voltage In- and Output (GPIO) configurable as Fail Output, Wake Input, Low-Side switch or High-Side switch
• HIgh-Voltage Measurement Function as alternate pin assignment
• Fail Outputs for Fail-Safe signalization
• Configurable wake-up sources
• Reset Output & Interrupt Output
• Configurable timeout and window watchdog
• Overtemperature and short circuit protection feature
• Dedicated TEST pin for SBC Development Mode entry (watchdog counter stopped)
• Software compatible to all SBC families TLE926x and TLE927x
• Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
• Optimized for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and low Electromagnetic Emission (EME)
• Optimized for high immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• AEC Qualified & Green Product (RoHS compliant)
• HVAC ECU and Control panel
• Light Control Unit (LCU) for front, rear and ambient
• Seat control module
• Seat belt pretension
• Steering column and steering lock
• Closure (trunk, sliding door, etc.)
• Gear shifters and selectors
• Smart power distribution modules
||Config Wizard for SBC allows easy configuration of Automotive SBC products.|
The Microcontroller Library is a plugin inside the “Config Wizard for SBC”. It generates and provides a custom “C” code based on the user’s configuration. The library can be integrated easily inside a microcontroller software project in order to configure, startup and handle all functionalities of the SBC.
The user’s guide for this additional software can be found here.
Bode Plot Tool can be used to calculate and draw a Bode Plot for SBC products.
This tool allows the user to calculate the power dissipation of a selected device and if applicable then of external power devices.
CAN PN Wizard
The CAN PN software is a design-in tool for Infineon SBC users. Based on generic input data, it creates a sample code that can be used from users as a starting point for their application specific software development. It shows, how the SBC must be configured to enable a specific functionality CAN Partial Networking.