The IFX52001 is intended to drive relays with a constant current in order to reduce the coil current during relay hold phase. For relay activation, the IC pass element works as an activated switch for a limited period of time. After the activation time period has elapsed, the IC reduces the relay coil current to a lower constant value. Different operation modes allow adequate functionality also at very low or very high battery voltage. The IC is suited to operate with relay coil inductance, freewheeling resistor, operating voltage and environment conditions as required in industrial applications. For more details please refer to the operation range and electrical characteristics tables.
Summary of Features:
- Reduces relay hold current to min. 40 mA
- Functional at low battery voltage.
- Active freewheeling path using relay integrated freewheeling resistor.
- Over temperature protection
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- Ideal to reduce current consumption and increase lifetime of electro-mechanical relay based systems
- Lowest Current Consumption
- Highest Efficiency
- Wide Temperature Range
- Smart Metering
- Industrial Automation
- Medical & Healthcare
- Building Automation
- White Goods
- Heating & Cooling Systems (HVAC)
- Security / Access Control
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.