The TLE8242-2L IC is an eight channel low-side constant current control pre-driver IC. Each channel can be configured to function either in direct PWM mode or in constant current mode by setting the appropriate CM bit in SPI message #1.
Summary of Features:
- Low side constant current control pre-driver integrated circuit
- Four independent channels
- Output current programmable with 11 bit resolution
- Current range = 0 to 1.2A (typ.) with a 0.2Ohm sense resistor
- Resolution = 0.78125 mA/bit (typ.) with a 0.2Ohm
- sense resistor
- +/- 2% full scale error over temperature when autozero is used
- Programmable PWM frequency via SPI from approximately 50 Hz to 4 KHz (typ.)
- Interface and Control
- 32 Bit SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) - Slave only
- ENABLE pin to disable all channels or freeze all channels
- Active low RESET_B pin resets internal registers to their default state and disables all channels.
- Open drain FAULT pin can be programmed to transition low when various faults are detected.
- 5.0V and 3.3V logic compatible I/O
- Over current shutdown - monitored at POSx pin.
- Programmable over current threshold
- Programmable over current delay time
- Programmable over current retry time
- Battery pin (BAT) overvoltage shutdown
- Sense resistor can be scaled to expand solenoid current range above 1.2A
- Minimal protection circuitry can be added in order to use the TLE8242-2L in 24V applications (commercial vehicles)
- Current profile detection feature can be use to determine movement of the solenoid armature
- Variable Force Solenoids (e.g. automatic transmission solenoids)
- Other constant current solenoids
- Idle Air Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Vapor Management Valve
- Suspension Control
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.