USB Controllers SDK
USB Controllers SDK subcategories
Infineon’s EZ-PD™ CCG2 has an ARM® Cortex®-M0 with 32KB flash to enable firmware upgrades anytime, anywhere. Infineon provides the firmware images for the passive EMCA Solution (CYPD2103). The firmware is provided as standard binary (in hex and cyacd format). The reference EZ-PD™ CCG2 firmware has the following capabilities:
- Detect the cable plug location – whether it is attached to the host port (downstream port) or device port (upstream port).
- Respond to all structured VDMs with SOP’ (if cable plug-end near to the host-end) and SOP’’ (if plug-end near to device-end).
- Respond to all Infineon-defined unstructured VDMs with SOP’ and SOP’’. These messages are used for firmware upgrade.
- Include a bootloader that is capable of upgrading firmware on the device.
- The device stays in low power mode when the CC lines are in idle state and wakes up to respond to PD messages.
EZ-PD™ CCG2 can be upgraded to keep pace with USB-IF specification changes. The on-chip 32‑KB flash can be programmed using the serial wire debug (SWD) interface or over the Type-C Configuration channel (CC signal) using Infineon’s EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility. For details on programming methods, refer KBA97271.