Serial Memory Interface (SMIF_PDL)
The SMIF_PDL Component is a multifunction hardware block that implements the SPI communication to external serial memory devices, including the NOR Flash, SRAM, and non-volatile SRAM.
The SMIF_PDL Component is a hybrid graphical configuration entity with a set of Component-specific API built on top of the cy_smif driver available in the PDL. It allows schematic-based connections and hardware configuration as defined by the Component Configure dialog.
- Standard SPI Master interface
- Supports Single/Dual/Quad/Octal SPI Memories
- Supports Dual-Quad SPI mode
- Design-time configurable support for multiple (up to 4) external serial memory devices
- eXecute-In-Place (XIP) operation mode for both read and write accesses with 4KB XIP read cache and on-the-fly encryption and decryption
- Supports external serial memory initialization via Serial Flash Discoverable Parameters (SFDP) standard
- SMIF_PDL Component is a Hybrid Component