Trim and Margin
The Trim and Margin component provides a simple way to adjust and control the output voltage of up to 24 DC-DC converters to meet system power supply requirements.
Users of this component simply enter the power converter nominal output voltages, voltage trimming range, margin high and margin low settings into the intuitive, easy-to-use graphical configuration GUI and the component takes care of the rest. The component will also assist the user to select appropriate external passive component values based on performance requirements.
The provided firmware APIs enable users to manually trim the power converter output voltages to any desired level within the operational limits of the power converter. Real-time active trimming or margining is supported via as a continuously running background task with an update frequency controlled by the user.
- Works with most adjustable DC-DC converters or regulators including LDOs, switchers and modules
- Supports up to 24 DC-DC converters
- 8 to 10-bit resolution PWM pseudo-DAC outputs
- Supports real-time, closed-loop active trimming when used in conjunction with the Power Monitor component
- Built-in support for margining