Programming solutions for ModusToolbox™, PSoC™, and other software ecosystems
Infineon offers the following software for programming various devices. You can use the software to Program, Erase, Verify, and Read the target device's flash. Each programming solution is part of a complete ecosystem.
Newer PSoC™ 6 devices are supported by ModusToolbox™ software only.
Cypress™ Programmer is a flexible, cross-platform application for programming Infineon devices that can be used with ModusToolbox™ software. This software includes OpenOCD, which is a programming tool modified slightly from the OpenOCD FOSS tool to support Infineon devices. OpenOCD is installed as part of Cypress™ Programmer and as part of the ModusToolbox™ tools package.
PSoC™ Programmer is a complete package that installs all components required for a programming and debug solution on devices used with PSoC™ software.
- PSoC™ Programmer Release Notes
- PSoC™ Programmer COM Guide
- PSoC™ Programmer CLI Guide
- Third-Party Tools for Cypress Devices User Guide
PSoC™ Programmer includes the following tools:
- Clock Programmer is used in configuring Cypress' configurable Clock devices (link to user guide). The Clock Programmer utilizes the CY3240 USB-I2C Bridge kit to configure Infineon Clock devices.
- Bridge Control Panel is a simple debugging tool that comes with PSoC™ Programmer. Use it to communicate with target devices over I2C/UART/SPI serial communications interfaces.
KitProg3 is our current low-level communication firmware for programming and debugging. It provides communication between a programming tool (such as Cypress™ Programmer or PSoC™ Programmer) and a target, such as a PSoC™ 6 MCU. KitProg3 supports a variety of development kits. It is also the communication firmware found in the MiniProg4 debug probe.
KitProg1 and KitProg2 are legacy firmware products for programming and debugging used on legacy development kits with PSoC™ Programmer:
The MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit is our current all-in-one programmer and debugger for Infineon devices. MiniProg4 also provides USB-I2C, USB-SPI and USB-UART bridging functionality. It may also include KitProg3 to be used as a stand-alone programmer.
- CY8CKIT-005 MiniProg4 Quick Start Guide EN
- CY8CKIT-005 MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit Release Notes EN
- CY8CKIT-005 MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit Guide EN
The MiniProg3 Program and Debug Kit is our legacy programmer and debugger for legacy Infineon devices.
The Firmware Loader (fw-loader) is a software tool you can use to upgrade KitProg3 firmware and easily switch back and forth between legacy KitProg2 and KitProg3. The fw-loader is installed with the ModusToolbox™ tools package, and it is available on the Infineon GitHub site.