Infineon in Ireland
Why Infineon Ireland?
Dublin, one of the smaller European capitals, attracts students and professionals from across the globe to its delightful mix of historical buildings and newly-built structures. Its abundance of parks, waterways, shops, restaurants and pubs complement the walkable downtown and the lively vibe it exudes that one would expect from a leading European university city. Set on the east coast of the island of Ireland, one can reach the furthest castles and ruins, prehistoric sites and scenic coastlines in mere hours; driving through quaint towns, past lakes and rolling green pasture to get to the sites is equally pleasurable, and the ever-changing sky makes each moment unpredictable.
Ireland is listed by Forbes as the 4th best country for business in their 2017 survey, and it was here in Dublin’s city centre that Infineon established its European Customer Logistic Management (CLM) office in 2003. Steadily growing, with some 45 members of staff, we are one of Infineon’s leading CLM centres worldwide and by far the largest in Europe. We work in a highly demanding International Supply Chain Management environment, serving customers across the industrial spectrum that are located predominantly but not exclusively in Europe. We manage customer orders – i.e. consider customer needs, balance them against Infineon capabilities, and implement logistic concepts considering legal requirements.
- Competency Centre for Supply Chain Management: Our regional focal point is maintaining a competitive, high quality Competency Centre for Supply Chain Management for our customers. We are a multi-national team, responsible for the demand fulfilment and logistics management of specifically assigned customer portfolios.
- We focus on the long-term development of people and expertise: We employ a systematic approach to develop the skills and management capabilities of our staff, fostering individual growth, personal development and extensions of knowledge. Examples for the educational opportunities offered are the Supply Chain Diploma and Master courses at the University of Limerick. We also work with several other academic bodies, like Unitech, and offer solid internships to students of all levels.
- Foster the mindset of innovation: Innovation is a key differentiating factor, especially in modern supply chain networks, and therefore vital to us as well. We have partnered with local industrial and academic bodies, participated in various innovative regional and pan-European projects (e.g. Horizon 2020), and will continue to do so.
- Build good customer rapport and relationships: We excel in offering a superb service to our diverse customer base, the leading companies and brands in the realm of automotive, industrial and consumer business, as well as distribution partners and EMS providers. Through means of modern electronic communications as well as regular personal contact, we establish solid relationships with customers’ key personnel and colleagues from around the world.
- International work environment and attractive benefits package: Supported not only by our location, Dublin, we naturally work and live in an inspiring international environment, with colleagues from many countries near and far and as many languages spoken. Being part of the Infineon group, we offer access to an international network of experts and an attractive local and global career perspective.
We have policies, procedures and infrastructure in place to support work-life balance, health, well-being and the celebration of special events. We offer an attractive benefits package including a good private health and dental insurance plan, a competitive company pension, fully expensed commuter tickets, birthday cakes…
What we offer you in Dublin.
As a Customer Logistics Management Representative you will be part of one of the teams that is the regional focal point for EMEA Customer Logistics Management. They will be responsible for the demand fulfillment and logistics management for a specifically assigned customer portfolio.
At our site in Dublin we offer students an internship (Intra program – DCU, University of Limerick etc) from all levels who are studying BA in Languages (German) or who are interested in pursuing a career in Logistics / Supply Chain (with German).