At a glance
|Location||El Segundo | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
You will partner closely with the R&D head of the IC business as well as being the go-to person for our project managers in all R&D finance related matters. You are passionate about profit and support the teams to develop efficiencies in project and resource management.
In your new role you will:
- Be responsible for the overall financial controlling of R&D spending
- Support the global DCDC IC R&D organization, especially the program & project management team in the planning and execution of R&D projects
- Analysis of actual vs forecast spending as well as milestone achievement on a project level
- Cost center controlling including OPEX/CAPEX planning and variance analysis
- Creation and maintenance of R&D projects in the appropriate tools and databases
- Perform all relevant financial reporting, planning and controlling tasks including monthly and quarterly closing activities, quarterly rolling forecast, expense and capital controlling
- Develop KPI’s to measure R&D efficiency. Help to increase our R&D efficiency by identifying cost saving potentials and make recommendations to the management
- Act as a business partner to the Head of R&D.
- Be the go to person for R&D financial management
- Work closely with the Product line Controllers on R&D impact to the P&L
You are best equipped for this job if you have:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or equivalent with a passion for technology. Applications from candidates with a university background in engineering (in particular electrical engineering) are also very welcome
- 3 years of relevant professional job experience. First experience in cost and project controlling as well as familiarity with some financial accounting concepts is preferred
- An ability to communicate, influence, and work effectively with all levels, located across multiple time zones and locations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical mindset and motivation to constantly challenge and improve the status quo
- A highly collaborative and team-focused work-ethic, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and cultivate strong relationships
- Availability to travel to our R&D centers in the US and in Europe
- Experience in industry common financial tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SAP, BO)
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.