At a glance
|Location||Leominster | MA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
The Process Engineering Technician is a member of the Technical Resources group. The Second Shift Process Engineering Technician (PE Tech) will support the Manufacturing group during 2nd Shift with a focus on quality, yield and on-time delivery. The PE Tech will report to the Technical Resources manager or person designated by the manager.
In your new role you will:
- Be responsible for providing process and equipment technical support and troubleshooting for “out of control” and line down condition. In accordance with the Escalation Plan the PE Tech will work directly with Manufacturing operators and supervisors to return operations to acceptable conditions in a timely manner and/or contain and prevent the further creation of non-conforming parts
- Support all areas of manufacturing during second shift operation. This includes, but not limited to: Assembly (Cleanroom) – sealing , dicing, and die pick and place. Test & Finish – laser mark, tinning, lead trimming & forming, QCI and SMT
- Provide equipment operation, programming and maintenance support
- Document and report the “out of control” and line down conditions and any corrective action taken to the Process Engineering and Maintenance groups to facilitate the creation of long term corrective actions
- Assist in maintaining the factory-wide escalation procedure and participate in the facility-wide on-going 5S program
- Other responsibilities may be assigned depending on need
- An Associate Degree in an engineering technology discipline (manufacturing, electronics, mechanical, mechatronics, industrial) or industry recognized certificates in similar disciplines with 4+ of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience in manufacturing as a machine/equipment operator
- Preferably at least 1 year in a process technician or maintenance technician role. This includes co-op and internship experience
- Experience interfacing with automated/robotic assembly equipment
- Experience in electronics assembly facility that assembles to MIL-STD specifications preferred
- Basic computer skills. Comfortable with Windows and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Basic robot operation and programming
- Comfortable with basic algebra, statistics and spoken and written English
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
IR HiRel Products Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.