At a glance
|Entry level||Ph.D. Thesis|
|Start||Oct 01, 2019|
Topics of this thesis include:
- Development of an IIoT node: integrating a microcontroller, a radio transceiver, sensors, actuators and a secure element.
- Discovery, analysis and evaluation of novel blockchain use-cases in IIoT networks, using frameworks such as Ethereum and/or Hyperledger.
- Development of smart contracts, using signed sensor data coming from the IIoT nodes, to implement business logic and optimize transactions
- Setting up demonstration systems that showcase the envisioned use-case, using standard web technologies.
- Advanced knowledge on novel embedded hardware security and their application in IIoT cybersecurity protocols.
- Experience with state-of-the-art blockchain platforms and disruptive applications in industrial environments.
- Collaboration with University researchers and PhDs at Infineon, doing their research in the area of IoT & Cybersecurity. Collaboration in European funded projects with industrial and academic partners.
- Are eligible for full-time PhD studies.
- Have a university master degree in electronic engineering or equivalent with focus on cybersecurity, embedded systems, machine learning and/or communication protocols.
- Bring hands-on experience with embedded systems and blockchain frameworks.
- Have knowledge in Internet of Things operating systems, communication stacks and cybersecurity protocols.
- Are willing to travel and work in a multicultural environment.
- Already have gained experience in industrial environments, such as supply chain.
- Have excellent English and German communication skills.
- Show ability to give excellent technical presentations and write high-quality documents.
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
What we offer you at Campeon
In our headquarter in Neubiberg near Munich, more than 3.300 employees are working in research & development, several central functions, IT and many more.