At a glance
|Location||San Jose | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Start||Oct 07, 2019|
The Site Director of Operations leads all operations activities, including manufacturing, planning, production control, inventory control, materials management, and shipping/receiving activities for the San Jose IR HiRel site, in line with the overall IR HiRel Business Unit activities, to achieve financial and customer goals.
In your new role you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define goals, improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, and drive the resolution and prevention of problems in conjunction with the IR HiRel cross-functional leadership team
- Translate internal and external customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of products
- Develop and drive operations-related plans, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Work with EHS and facilities teams to maintain safety and regulatory compliance relating to the production facility and manage long-term facility planning to meet business objectives
- Manage subcontractor relationships for timely and cost-effective product delivery.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure effective execution of various roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including sales and customer service groups, to ensure outstanding customer support and timely communication
- Foster a culture of strong teamwork and continuous improvement across functional areas within the site and with other sites
- 10+ years operations management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability, including management of managers and supervisors
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, (Engineering or Business), with advanced degree, a plus
- Experience in high reliability and/or military, aerospace, or space business
- LEAN training and experience, Green Belt, or Black Belt certification, a plus
- Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, (SAP a plus), and system utilization for planning, production control, and supply chain management
- Project/Program Management experience, a plus
- Contract Manufacturing Management experience, a plus
- Outstanding written, verbal, and active listening communication skills
- The ability to lead and grow management team
- An understanding and utilize critical change management methodologies
- Provide mentoring and coaching on an individual and team level for personal growth and achievement of site and Business Unit objectives
- Experience and excel at cross-functional collaboration within the site and with other sites within the companyThe ability to lead a diverse organization
- A strong working knowledge of finance concepts
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
IR HiRel Products Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.