At a glance
|Entry level||Ph.D. Thesis|
|Start||Oct 01, 2019|
- Analyse neural compute requirements for common sensors
- Define architectural templates allowing a scalable implementation in hardware
- Compare architectural variants with respect to performance, power and area
- Extend the neural compute architecture for classical pre- and post-processing
- Evaluate and compare commercially available IP
- Perform rapid prototyping (e.g. FPGA) as proof of concept
- Enhance your knowledge upon completion of additional PhD modules offered by university
- Document your results by writing and submitting your PhD thesis
- Build up R&D skill sets, accumulate industrial experience and academic knowledge with focus on neural compute architectures
- Integrate university learning with actual workplace applications
- Improve technical and soft competencies through discussions, feedback and presentations to team
- A master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar
- Solid digital architecture and design skills
- Hands on experience with FPGA prototyping
- First experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and related tooling frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Caffe)
- Programming skills (VHDL/Verilog and ideally Python, C/C++ or Matlab)
- Fluent English is mandatory with German as a plus
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
– Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) drives leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
Infineon PMM semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world.
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
Infineon Technologies Dresden GmbH & Co. KG is one of the largest production sites of Infineon Technologies AG with more than 2.500 employees. Every week thousands of silicon wafers pass through the highly complex production system in our high end clean room. The site in Dresden was one of the world's first high-volume production sites for power semiconductor devices on 300mm wafers.
For more information about our site in Dresden please check out the following link: https://www.infineon.com/cms/dresden/en/
What we offer you in Dresden
This is the world’s first high-volume production site for power semiconductors on 300 mm wafers.