At a glance
|Location||El Segundo | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
- Define MOSFET gate drivers including electrical, thermal, mechanical and packaging
- Generate reference designs and evaluation boards for internal use and customer evaluation
- Analyze MOSFET and MOSFET gate drivers in detail
- Work with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers and program firmware, e.g. motor control
- Work with and analyze batteries and their usage in drives applications and explore the influence on power components design
- Lead technical discussions inside and outside Infineon and guide technical decisions
- Simulate drives systems and generate computer circuit models to predict circuit behavior using SIMetrix and MATLAB
- Conduct performance studies both electrical and thermal
- Perform competitive benchmarking at device and system levels
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in power electronics or drives industry
- Deep understanding of gate drivers
- An in-depth knowledge of power electronics, inverters and motor control
- Capability to analyze MOSFET behavior in detail
- Good knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and control concepts as well as simulations
- Strong understanding of microcontrollers (ARM Cortex-M) and ability to program firmware (C/C++)
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.