At a glance
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Job sharing||Yes, possible|
- be the technical contact person for the process block chip frontside metallization in Villach
- know the existing chip metallization methods at Infineon, and thus you can drive actively the implementation of process improvements and contribute to development projects
- have an overview about the different „frontend“ upstream semiconductor processing steps and their interaction with chip metallization (e.g., semiconductor material deposition and etching processes of oxides, nitrides, poly-imides, Al, Cu)
- be able to understand the technical interactions with the “pre-assembly” and „backend“ downstream processes (e.g., wafer thinning, chip backside metallization, chip separation, wire bonding)
- drive complexity management within the chip frontside metallization process block in order to prevent complexity enhancement by too many process variants
- contribute to the development of new methods for the characterization of metals and interfaces
- work together with many different Infineon groups and sites and you will build up your global network in production, development, quality and logistics.
You are best equipped for this task if you:
- have a university or university of applied sciences degree with focus on semiconductor technology, material science, physics, chemistry, microelectronics or comparable
- like to work in an international environment with colleagues from different nations, you are reliable and persistent
- like to work in office, inside the wafer fab cleanroom, analysis lab, and to occasionally travel to other Infineon sites in Germany, Malaysia or China
- have experience in the mentioned topics, in the methods of surface and bulk analytics and basic project management knowledge as a plus
- have experience with risk assessment, problem solving methods (e.g., FMEA, 8D or 6-sigma methodology) and database skills as a plus
- have fluent English skills and the ability to communicate in German
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The Frontend (FE) cluster offers a broad range of manufacturing competence specialized in high-quality logic products. The portfolio represents Power, Bipolar, Sensor, Passive and Diode technologies as well as CMOS, RF-CMOS and embedded flash technologies. The manufacturing sites in Dresden, Kulim, Regensburg and Villach are committed to Operational Excellence with strong customer focus.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Its unique landscape combines mountains and valleys, lakes and rivers, city and countryside. In addition to the favorable geographic location, living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town,” offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting. So it’s no surprise that the city on the Drau is considered the “home of work-life balance”.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group.
At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.
What we offer you in Villach
Almost 4.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.