At a glance
|Location||San Jose | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
Infineon’s International Rectifier HiRel Products, Inc. division markets components that meet particularly high demands and survive under extreme environmental conditions. Application areas include space systems, commercial aviation, medical, oil and gas drilling, undersea telecommunication cable and defense technologies. IR HiRel offers a comprehensive portfolio of power management solutions with highly reliable, robust discretes and ICs, high temperature DC-DC converters, solid state relays and motor controllers.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for performing duties related to the manufacturing of Hybrid Microcircuits, including assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in planning, coordinating and directing the quality assurance programs. Additionally the Quality Engineer will assist the QA Manager with the systems designed to ensure that the manufacturing of products is consistent with established standards.
In your new role you will:
- Be involved in the development, application and maintenance of Quality Tools, Methods, and Systems that result in overall Continual Process Improvement, and improve customer satisfaction
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives, qualification approvals, SMDs, etc.
- Conduct random and scheduled audits of the Quality Systems
- Facilitate staff training and implementation of procedures associated with AS 9100, MIL-PRF-38534 and other regulatory standards
- Be responsible for performing duties, as they relate to the manufacture of Hybrid Microcircuits
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager in planning, coordinating and directing the quality assurance programs and systems designed to ensure that the manufacturing of products is consistent with established standards.
- Liaise with the customer base for source inspection activities and work with Sales, Service and Program Management to ensure conversion of customer requirements
- Plan, perform, and record completion of test method audits, in accordance with MIL-STD-883 and MIL-PRF-38534
- Initiate Corrective and Preventative Action and review proposed solutions for effectiveness, ensuring timely closure
- Be responsible for development and maintenance of technical flows and standard operating procedures to support inspection, verification, and validation of Hybrid and PWB products
- Be responsible for quality planning activities, including ensuring accurate inspection criteria definition, as needed, to satisfy contract, engineering drawing and specification requirements
- Actively lead material defect investigation, analysis, and disposition tasks
- Report on process performance and status through meetings, tasks, and actions
- Support all functional areas to enhance management system methodology, while ensuring standardization of process definition within documented processes
Involved in relevant metrics development and implementation
- An Associates Associates or B.S. degree in Engineering (preferably in an electrical or manufacturing discipline), or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of quality engineering experience in a quality manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-PRF-38535 and MIL-STD-883
- Working knowledge of semiconductor device structures
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to review failure analysis reports to provide feedback regarding potential failure causes and recommend additional evaluations leading to the root cause
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification, AS9100C Auditor Certification, a plus
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon's IR HiRel Products Inc. division is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents .
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.