At a glance
|Location||Milpitas | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
In your new role you will:
- Understand application requirements and to translate into production ready state-of-art algorithms
- Support OEM customers to develop consumer products via use of SDKs and custom software solutions
- Active role in identifying new trends in research related to sensor fusion, Human machine interfaces, machine learning
- Architect software to support various algorithms embedded in hardware platforms
- Support full firmware and software lifecycle including design, development, debugging and ongoing support for customer integration
- Support development of proof-of-concept systems using Raspberry Pi where Linux and embedded processing skills are needed
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine the software architecture and specification to meet the product requirement and user experience
- Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with strong programming and mathematics skills required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in embedded system processing and code development
- Expertise in Embedded SW development for multi sensor use case
- Expertise in C/C++ development for Windows platforms
- Experience in developing on embedded systems using ARM-based 32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping, POC development and debugging
- Familiarity with sensors and their artifacts, GIT/Make, and a software development process that includes requirements definition, specifications and automated regression testing is desired
- Experience using the Atlassian JIRA/Confluence or similar tools
- Experience in Python and machine learning is a plus
- Excellent skills in Matlab and/or similar mathematical modeling tools for developing customer based use case is a plus
- Occasional travel required
Infineon Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world.
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon’s sole discretion.
What we offer you in Milpitas, CA
Our Milpitas site, located in Silicon Valley, is one of the headquarters for Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. This site is primarily focused on Chip Card and Security and Power Management and Multi-market regional sales, marketing, and distribution.