At a glance
|Location||Milpitas | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
In your new role you will:
- Organization and planning of staff assignments to meet customer development needs
- Responsible for providing all types of technical support leading to design wins, as well as on‑going support for existing products and customer programs as needed. These include schematic reviews, layout reviews, board bring ups, tuning/optimization and running
- Debugging of solution in customer application on-site at customer labs or at Infineon Technologies labs
- Collaboration with other FAEs and communication with Infineon design centers and other functions as necessary to support customer design-in
- Proficient in understanding system solution design decision and trade-offs (including magnetics, capacitors, and control loop) and makes recommendations on product selection for the desired cost/benefit ratio
- Training and development of staff
- Maintain and develop understanding of customer's products
- BSEE, MSEE preferred or equivalent experience
- 10 or more years relevant experience in power electronics
- At least 10 years management experience
- Experience in Applications and/or design of end equipment using power management control ICs & power semiconductors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Willing and capable to take responsibility
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Capable to quickly understand complex situations/problems
- Reliable, responsive, and creative
- Ability to think and act strategically and operationally without direction
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE with minimum 7+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with Teradyne (Eagle) ETS364 and/or J750 test platforms is desired
- In depth knowledge of power electronic products and processes
- Fundamental understanding of product design implementation
- Knowledge of device fabrication process, such as epi growth, diffusion, ion implantation, etc., including final electrical testing and their impact on power device performance
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of PN junction diodes, Schottky diodes, BJT, MOSFETs HEMTs, MOS capacitors, and resistors, etc.
- Understanding of semiconductor material properties and their influence on semiconductor device behavior
- Comprehensive understanding of complex mixed signal control schemes in multiphase, power-stage, and Point of Load products – relationship to tested parameters and subsequent relationship to data sheet parameters
- Ability to understand applications based subjective conditions and how that may be in conflict with product performance parameters
- Knowledge of QFN package assembly and device fabrication process, such as epi growth, diffusion, ion implantation, etc., including final electrical testing and their impact on power device performance
- Experience with Eagle, J750, Agilent 93K test platform desired
- Experience with Mentor Galaxy Examinator and JMP data analysis tools is strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate great attention to detail
- Are a proven self-starter
Infineon Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world.
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of “things” and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
– We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities –
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon’s sole discretion.
What we offer you in Milpitas, CA
Our Milpitas site, located in Silicon Valley, is one of the headquarters for Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. This site is primarily focused on Chip Card and Security and Power Management and Multi-market regional sales, marketing, and distribution.