Internship: Mixed-Signal System Validation laboratory support of Power Management Systems for next generation multi-core microcontrollers
At a glance
Main tasks of this proposal can be summarized as:
- Understanding and getting familiar with latest generation automotive microcontroller systems and their peripherals
- Implementation of proof-of-concept/sample source code in C and C++ on a 32bit platform (main CPUs) as well as on an 8bit platform (standby controllers)
- Support of Validation for next generation automotive microcontrollers in the field of Power Management Systems (reset generation, voltage generation w/ DCDC converters and linear regulators, voltage monitoring, temperature monitoring)
- Voltage detectors and ADC characterization
- Test automation (control of test equipment)
Work time: full time, 6 months - with option for contract extension
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry. The salary for this position is € 1.885,-- gross p.m.(full-time basis) for Bachelor's students and € 2.210,-- gross p.m.(full-time basis) for Master's students.
As our ideal candidate, you offer additionally:
- Experience in using lab equipment
- Know-How about Microcontroller programming
- Matlab, Excel
- C, C++
- German language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Copy of your Certificate of matriculation at a university
- Copy of your Transcript of records
- Copy of the highest completed educational certificate (Matura certificate for Bachelor students, Bachelor certificate for Master students)
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
In the Automotive (ATV) segment, we develop high-value products and services to advance fully and partly self-driving cars. To enable radar-based advanced driver assistance systems, we deliver end-to-end solutions to capture and process complex, safety-critical data from the vehicle’s surroundings. These include radar sensor ICs as well as microcontrollers optimized for radar signal preprocessing. We are helping to realize the Zero Vision for road traffic safety through our certified components and subsystems. In the connected car of the future, our security microcontrollers will help protect sensitive data more effectively. In addition, ATV is making a valuable contribution to the development of e-mobility. Power semiconductors are driving electric motors and innovative system solutions using silicon carbide are increasing the efficiency and reducing the weight of chargers and inverters. These technologies are paving the way for electric vehicles that offer the same range with smaller batteries. In combustion engines too, power semiconductors are making a difference by reducing exhaust emissions.
What we offer you in Villach
Almost 4.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.