At a glance
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Job sharing||Yes, possible|
- Support product definition, embedded software architecture and hardware-software interface by analyzing system relevant customer requirements and translating them into embedded software specific requirements
- Be responsible for design and development of software components and units for microcontroller-based products
- Maintain software source code, requirements and documentation throughout the development cycle
- Define and execute test cases for unit and integration testing
- Support silicon bring up and firmware validation on application hardware and support the application team
- Contribute to Infineon Firmware methodology and network with other embedded software experts within Infineon
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in Firmware or Embedded Software Development, experience in Automotive would be a plus
- Proficiency in languages like C/C++
- Good experience with source code control system like GIT or SVN
- Experience with verification methodology like unit testing or model based verification
- Familiarity with embedded microcontrollers (hardware interrupt handling, embedded resource constraints)
- Knowledge of Automotive Functional Safety (ISO 26262), Automotive SPICE or similar standards would be a plus
- Experience in Agile methods would be ideal
- Fluency in English, German proficiency is appreciated
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The Infineon affiliate DICE (Danube Integrated Circuit Engineering) in Linz is a dynamic and fast-growing company in the field of microelectronics, with a strong focus on research and development. DICE is focusing on high-frequency integrated switching circuits for automotive applications using state-of-the-art Bipolar/RF-CMOS semiconductor technologies as well as on complex mixed signal ICs that are used in high frequency radar applications (77/79 GHz).
In the Automotive (ATV) segment, we develop high-value products and services to advance fully and partly self-driving cars. To enable radar-based advanced driver assistance systems, we deliver end-to-end solutions to capture and process complex, safety-critical data from the vehicle’s surroundings. These include radar sensor ICs as well as microcontrollers optimized for radar signal preprocessing. We are helping to realize the Zero Vision for road traffic safety through our certified components and subsystems. In the connected car of the future, our security microcontrollers will help protect sensitive data more effectively. In addition, ATV is making a valuable contribution to the development of e-mobility. Power semiconductors are driving electric motors and innovative system solutions using silicon carbide are increasing the efficiency and reducing the weight of chargers and inverters. These technologies are paving the way for electric vehicles that offer the same range with smaller batteries. In combustion engines too, power semiconductors are making a difference by reducing exhaust emissions.
What we offer you in Linz
Almost 3.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.