At a glance
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Start||Mar 01, 2018|
The position offers motivated candidates outstanding opportunities for applied research and development in a growing segment with close connection to a leading high tech company.
In your new role you will:
- Develop and implement advanced simulation techniques including new models
- Support material (metals, dielectrics) characterization and degradation analysis by simulation
- Participate in definition and development of new technologies by integrating simulation into the research & development process
- Develop design guidelines (thermal, electrical) for high quality automotive and industrial products based on knowledge about electrical behaviour and limitations
- Perform electrical simulation of power systems including parasitic (inductive, capacitive) elements
- Supervise diploma and PhD students regarding electro-thermal modeling of relevant circuits and structures
- A MSc or PhD in engineering (electronics or physics)
- A minimum of three to five years of work experience in the field of electro-thermal FEM simulations, ideally in modeling and simulation of semiconductor chip/package systems
- Profound experience with FEM software required (ideally ANSYS), programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python) desired
- Knowledge on semiconductor technologies and semiconductor physics, wafer processing and chip assembly and interconnect technologies desired
- Team player with proven organizational and technical leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge in written and spoken English, German skills are desired
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The research & development center KAI, founded in 2006 and located at the Technology Park Villach, is focusing its research activities mainly in the area of reliability of power semiconductors in automotive and industrial applications. Together with our partner Infineon Technologies Austria AG we are working on several projects covering material research, modeling and simulation.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
What we offer you in Villach
Almost 3.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.