At a glance
|Entry level||Ph.D. Thesis|
- Learn about reliability and stress test requirements of advanced Infineon power devices
- Advance your skills in FPGA-based digital control system design and simulation
- Define requirements and develop concepts for multichannel operation and control of application-related reliability stress conditions together with your industrial and academic tutors
- Design, code and evaluate a working controller software application, then support the transfer to an industrial reliability test environment
- Document your results by writing and submitting your PhD thesis
- Provide solid knowledge and experience in applied research and software design (C, LabVIEW…)
- Tutor engineering Master students, who will support your PhD project with their contribution
- Work and communicate well with our international team in English and/or German
- Master certificate
- Transcript of records from your University
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
At KAI GmbH, you will perform your thesis project in an industrial research environment, guided and supported by experienced researchers in such diverse areas as hard- and software design, simulation, modeling and semiconductor technology. We work in close cooperation with universities and research facilities supporting your academic education, whereas our industrial partner Infineon offers interesting opportunities for a prospective career path in the semiconductor industry.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Its unique landscape combines mountains and valleys, lakes and rivers, city and countryside. In addition to the favorable geographic location, living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting. So it’s no surprise that the city on the Drau is considered the “home of work-life balance”.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
What we offer you in Villach
Almost 3.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.