At a glance
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Job sharing||Yes, possible|
- Focus on our customers by understanding their needs
- Lead an R&D organization to high performance by managing by objectives and empowering the individuals
- Launch products into the marketplace at the right time, cost and with excellent quality
- Drive innovation by providing the right boundary conditions
- Promote collaboration as a team across locations and organizations within a global network of development sites, product marketing, application engineering, manufacturing operations and more
- Lead the 70+ person Powertrain, Safety & ASICs development team at the Automotive Development Center in Villach, Austria, including Project Managers, Electrical Circuit Designers and Layout Engineers, Verification and Validation Engineers, Product and Test Engineers
- Development of the people in your team is the key focus, hiring of the best candidates available as we grow
- Represent your team in the global Powertrain, Safety & ASICs organization by actively contributing with your insights and by providing the regular reporting, including project reviews, project pipeline management, etc.
- Represent your team at the Automotive Development Center in Villach
- Foster a network of external partners and research organizations to generate an innovative ecosystem. Encourage diversity as a source for ideas and innovation
- Strive for continuous improvements in our processes to ensure the quality and competitiveness of our products
- Ensure compliance with our and our customer’s high quality and functional safety expectations
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- An M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in the field of electrical engineering or related disciplines
- Excellent English communication skills
- Adequate experience in leadership (10 years as a guide) in a high-technology position, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Wide knowledge of product development processes with a proven track record of success in delivering complex products in time, cost & quality
- Overseen the planning and execution of projects from concept to manufacturing
- Experience in dealing with professional customers, especially in the automotive industry is desired
- Experience in the demanding automotive environment, especially on quality and functional safety requirements such as ISO26262 is an advantage
- German language skills as a plus
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
We are one of the few semiconductor manufacturers for automotive applications covering the most important applications in vehicles. With a broad product portfolio of microcontrollers, intelligent sensors, transmit and receive ICs for radio-frequency applications and radar as well as both discrete and integrated power semiconductors: powertrain, chassis and comfort electronics as well as driving safety applications. Coupled with a high-level of quality, this comprehensive range of products has made us a preferred partner for our customers for over 40 years. Our development strategy focuses on the integration of functionality and thus on semiconductor solutions with an excellent price-performance ratio. Thereby our technologies are contributing to a greener future by reducing fuel consumption, emissions and costs. And that’s not all – we are also helping to improve safety and performance.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us:
What we offer you in Villach
Almost 3.200 people work at four different sites in Austria.