Automotive switched-mode power supply (SMPS)
Automotive qualified semiconductor products for DC-DC SMPS circuits
Infineon Technology provides DC-DC controllers for automotive power supply applications:
- OPTIREG™ Switchers: Our standalone switching regulators and controllers are designed to support harsh automotive environment and applications with higher microcontroller demand and many digital loads, such as ADAS, Telematics, Gateway, Display, and Cluster, but also fitting in traditional body applications where high efficiency and solution size is important
- LITIX™ Power and LITIX™ Power Flex: Our boost and buck-boost control ICs are proven and robust solutions for many years for compact and efficient DC-DC converters. LITIX™ Power is a family of standard DC-DC controllers, and LITIX™ Power Flex controllers are including an SPI interface.
S6BP20x: Our buck-boost converters for automotive applications such as Body Control modules, Instrument Clusters, and ADAS. They have low standby current and built-in switching transistors, output voltage setting resistors, phase compensation circuits, and fixed output voltages (3.3-5V)
Infineon also offers the right MOSFETs for power supplies:
- Cutting edge OptiMOS™ 6 technology MOSFETs offer the right fit for wide RDSonranges in all standard leadless 3x3 S3O8, 5x6 SSO8, 7x8 sTOLL packages as well as innovative solutions like the SSO8 Half Bridge. The combination with the OptiMOS™ T2 5x6 DualSSO8 portfolio enables to find the perfect MOSFET for your application. For 24V or 48V board nets please also consider our comprehensive 60V, 80V, and 100V portfolios.
Please also see our application pages for specific applications like electric drive trains, USB charging, wireless in-car charging.
When looking for:
- multiple outputs, please have a look at our OPTIREG™ Power Management ICs
- lower power levels please also see our OPTIREG™ Linear Voltage Regulators
- integrated transceivers, please go to OPTIREG™ System Basis Chips.
Our LITIX™ Power Flex family has an SPI interface that allows to change output voltages and protections thresholds during operation.
The 4-switch buck-boost topology is one of the most efficient topologies and can be controlled by TLD519x or TLD5542-1QV. Study TLD55442-1QV with the evaluation board TLD5542-1HIPOW at 300W without heatsink or up to 400W with a heatsink.
S6BP20x enables a stable power supply under battery voltage fluctuations with built-in switching transistors.