The right security for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
As new business models emerge in the era of connectivity, industrial security is critical. Thanks to Industry 4.0’s smart factories, manufacturers are enjoying huge gains to the likes of increased productivity, enhanced flexibility and improved quality while simultaneously reducing costs. But connected, automated factories contain virtual doors that, if not properly protected, can potentially be unlocked by attackers. Consequences include forced downtime due to operational disruptions, as well as access to and theft of intellectual property (IP), company know-how or customer information. That’s why it’s vital to find a strong partner with high-quality, reliable security technologies for your IIoT applications.
Security is of critical importance within an isolated production plant and even more so in an interconnected industrial value chain. Our high-quality industrial security solutions, which are easy to integrate into your designs, enable manufacturers to monitor whether or not only authorized people and machines are communicating. They also reliably reveal if a production system has been manipulated, helping avoid unnecessary downtime. In addition, they enable secured software updates to devices in the field.
Let us show you how to expertly embed next-generation security, such as OPTIGA™ Trust and OPTIGA™ TPM, into your industrial infrastructure – quickly and easily. At Infineon, we aim to optimally support you and to give your customers peace of mind that their factories, IP and data are out of harm’s way.
When you source a solution from Infineon, your IIoT application benefits from our 30 years of experience in security applications – and our even longer-standing expertise in traditional applications like power management. Here are some additional advantages:
- Flexibility, so you can scale security functions from small systems to industrial-size installations
- Robust, reliable performance – even in harsh industrial environments
- Easy to integrate solutions based on open standards, with the added bonus of development support
Infineon plays an active role in the industrial security advances of tomorrow. That’s why we are an IUNO partner, a national reference project for IT security in Industry 4.0, an Acatech member and part of the Industrial Internet Consortium. Furthermore, we proudly contribute to state-of-the-art research projects on industrial security topics, such as:
- IUNO, a national German reference project for IT security in Industry 4.0 that aims to effectively protect connected smart factories against cyber attacks and spying
- SiDaFab, which seeks to develop a new, holistic security system for data transmission between factories and sites at different locations
- ALESSIO, which optimizes security solutions for Industry 4.0 and connected devices with long lifespans that require security updates
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.