Complete system solutions for smart TVs
Complete system solutions for 4K - 8K UHD LED or OLED Smart TVs that enable smarter, slimmer, more powerful, and more energy-efficient results
Design and build 4K - 8K UHD LED or OLED Smart TVs that are smarter slimmer, and more energy-efficient while still delivering the maximum needed power, with Infineon's complete system solutions, enabled by our extensive product portfolio. Our solutions include devices for sensing, connectivity, security, power, audio amplifiers, HMI/sensing fusion, and the cloud. Source all of your sockets from Infineon and save time, money, and supply headaches.
- Complete Smart TV system solutions
- Evaluation kits, boards and designs
- Radar for presence detection and more
- USB-C PD/HDMI controllers
- Wide portfolio of Si, SiC and GaN
- Efficient and powerful SMPS
- Class D audio amplifier solutions
- IoT security & authentication
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and NFC solutions
- ToF, pressure, CO2, and MEMS sensors
- HMI and sensor fusion solutions
Today, the demand for TVs and Smart TVs is constantly increasing due to the flexibility provided by the internet and operating systems, access to massive amounts of streaming content, the availability of superior picture and audio quality, increased tendency to be at home, and more. In addition, the desire for extended features such as presence detection enabled by our 60 GHz radar solution that can sense when a person is near the TV or when they leave the room, in order to save energy and decorbonize our planet while at the same time reducing energy costs. All of these factors provide designers with greater challenges such as slimmer design, security concerns, and particularly the need for higher power delivery, since it is the foundation of every new and fascinating function available to Smart TVs today.
Choosing Infineon as your complete system solution provider enables you to deliver high efficiency, compact, and powerful designs, save on BOM, get to market faster with our evaluation boards and reference designs, and experience the peace of mind offered by sourcing all of your sockets from Infineon.
Traditionally, Infineon has been known for quality power products and solutions. However, you can also find entire TV system solutions among our offering. In addition to our highly efficient SMPS solutions for Smart TVs, Infineon offers many products that enable the addition of features such as:
- See, smell, touch, and hear with Infineon's XENSIV™ sensor portfolio.
- High efficiency, crystal clear audio for high output power designs, delivered by our class D audio amplifiers.
- Our AIROC™ Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and BLE standalone or combo products provide seamless, low power consumption connectivity.
- Robust authentication and connected device security for IoT with our OPTIGA™ Trust and OPTIGA™ Authenticate security solutions.
- Flexoble HMI and sensor fusion with our PSoC™ 4 and PSoC™ 6 families of MCUs, allowing, for example, responsive touch control.
- Flexible, extensive product analytics provide real-time visibility into the performance of IoT products, enabled by the CIRRENT™ Product Analysis family.
- Infineon's Smart TV system solutions enable you to differentiate your product from the competition by supporting the implementation of many exciting features.
A slim SMPS solution is a market desire, as well as a challenge, due to the limitations of active and passive components. Compared to FullPAK MOSFETs which are used in conventional TV SMPS designs, our DPAK MOSFETs have the advantage of being thinner and are easier to assemble.
Further, our XDP™ digital PFC-LLC combo controller IDP2308 can be implemented for high performance and cost-saving. In addition, our CoolMOS™ power MOSFETs increase efficiency, and the S7 family for active bridges reduces AC rectification losses. For your LLC design, the low power PFD7 with integrated fast body diode is the perfect fit. And with OptiMOS™ FullPAK for TV SR there is no need for thermal isolation material (as needed when TO-220 packages are used) and less paralleling is required.
For even more flexibility, you can explore our evaluation board, DEMO-IDP2308-120W. It contains a 120 W digital PFC-LLC converter with 8 5V AC~265 V AC input and 12 V/24 V output. It is controlled by Infineon’s 2nd generation XDP™ SMPS digital multi-mode PFC-LLC combo controller IDP2308. The IDP2308 is specially designed for switch mode power supplies used in TV power system and other general SMPS applications.