Infineon’s two-stage architecture for 48 V (or 54 V) input systems to power high-performance processors (CPU, GPU, SoC, ASIC, etc.) offers flexibility in implementation and scalability for different power levels without compromising on performance. Infineon’s proprietary Zero voltage switching Switched capacitor Converter (ZSC) delivers the highest efficiency and power density for 48 V to an intermediate bus voltage through capacitive energy transfer with soft-switching of the power devices. This enables an easy transition path for legacy 12 V systems to 48 V infrastructure with low risk and improves the total cost of ownership (TCO) significantly.
Infineon‘s ZSC can be implemented today with readily available products that have been released to mass production.
The key products are:
Infineon’s ZSC is easy to implement as a "down" or "module" design depending upon system requirements and limitations. The bi-directional power transfer capability of ZSC offers ultimate flexibility for power architects to implement high-efficiency and compact bus converter that can provide 48 V to 12 V or 12 V to 48 V with the same design.
- High efficiency/power density
- Soft-switching of Infineon’s best-in-class OptiMOS™ 5/6 MOSFETs
- Simplicity in design
- Easy to implement with XMC™ microcontrollers
- Bi-directional power flow
- Flexibility in implementation
- Module or down design
- Scalable architecture
- Easy to scale based on power level and bus voltage
- Robust system design
- Intelligent fault communication between XMC™ microcontroller and multi-phase digital controller