Automotive 77 GHz radar system
Able to support an array of new features and functions, automotive 77GHz radar systems have a promising future. The huge benefits: high precision and excellent scalability from short to long range. The flipside: a higher degree of technical complexity.
By allowing you to concentrate on application development and integration, a designated ready-to-use chipset is your ticket to success. That’s why Infineon offers a system solution for automotive 77GHz radar systems that reduces the number of components required. An additional plus: seamless inter-functionality of all parts. For a complete automotive 77GHz radar system that works without a hitch.
System diagram of automotive 77 GHz radar system
- Automotive radar sensors are a key technology for enabling future driver assistance functions and securing high ratings in the New Car Assessment Programs (NCAP) throughout the world
- The Radar System IC (RASIC™) series consists of a group of highly-integrated functions for the 76–77GHz range for automotive radar
- The ICs offer a high level of integration and need only a few – if any – external components
- Infineon’s SiGe process benefits from its origins in the volume bipolar segment. Its unique features include its high-frequency capability and robustness, makeing it suitable for automotive environments over the full temperature range up to full automotive qualification according to AEC-Q100
- Infineon´s AURIXTM 32-bit muticore ADAS derivative offers a dedicated feature set for radar applications wich, in many cases, renders additional DSP, external SRAM and external ADC ICs obsolete. This results in cost-efficient short-range radar implementation.
Automotive application guide
16_12-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 8.32 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
02_00 | May 20, 2014 | PDF | 8.59 mb
New TriCore™ Family Brochure 2017
01_00 | Mar 08, 2017 | PDF | 6.65 mb
Sensing the world - Sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
May 29, 2017 | PDF | 10.99 mb
Automotive power selection guide
16_11-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 11.47 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
01_00 | Nov 21, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Make Your Application Wireless-Sub 1GHz RF Solutions
02_00 | Nov 20, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Automotive 77 GHz radar demonstrator at electronica 2016
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.