Electric vehicle (EV) drivetrain system
Please choose a subcategory
Modular systems with high performance and high application efficiency
At the core of all these electric vehicle technologies is the electrified powertrain. Infineon supports developers to meet current and future environmental legislation and customer requirements. Our power semiconductor solutions and smart control ICs enable multi-target optimization for system cost reduction, increased power density, higher application efficiency, and modular systems— supporting your preferred topology. Dedicated software and design houses support you with intelligent solutions for even more efficiency through software design precisely fitting your use case.
Discover our full range of recommended products for your application.
At the core of all these electric vehicle technologies is the electrified powertrain. Semiconductors, particularly the ones produced by Infineon, can play a vital role in building energy efficiency in all phases of the energy supply chain. They are the key components to enable electromobility. By minimizing power losses and maximizing power savings, they increase the overall performance of hybrid and electric vehicles.
One of the most important systems of an electric vehicle is the traction inverter. It controls the electric motor and is a key component in electric cars, as it determines the driving behavior, similar to the Engine Management System in combustion vehicles. In the traction inverter, semiconductors transform the direct current from the battery into the alternating current that drives the motor. Less energy is lost this way, providing a longer range.
The energy for the electric powertrain comes primarily from lithium-based battery systems. This process needs to be monitored to protect the battery from premature aging and to ensure that the battery capacity is used to the maximum. With Infineon solutions, the Battery Management System is able to monitor the State of Health, State of Charge and Depth of Discharge of a battery; it can also help to prevent illegal manipulation of both the system and battery packs.
The battery in an electric vehicle is useless without an on-board charger. In fact, all electronic systems depend on the battery. Infineon single and dual-channel automotive IGBT driver ICs significantly reduce the space requirements on the control board. They simplify design and help to optimize performance. With such energy-efficient systems, electric cars will be the key to future mobility, making them also a strategic priority for the automotive market in the next years.
- Understand Infineon’s purpose in delivering quality above and beyond the standard and find out how we execute that standard in development, qualification, manufacturing and testing
- Learn where and how this high-quality standard is reflected and discover our success stories
With the growing market of electrical vehicles, the industry has put forward more requirements for the performance of charging piles. This e-learning will show you that the emergence of CoolSiC™ MOSFETs has improved the charging pile industry to make the EV charger smaller, faster and with higher efficiency.
- Distinguish the features and benefits of Infineon’s CoolSiC™ solutions in target applications and identify Infineon’s fully scalable CoolSiC™ portfolio to meet this automotive market transition
- Explain the reasons for the increasing introduction of silicon carbide technology in the automotive applications
This training covers the harmonized frame of standards from international bodies like ISO, IEC, SAE and UL dedicated to the Wireless Power Transfer system technologies.
In this online course you will learn about cost-optimized, but highly efficient electric vehicles charging solutions based on IGBT and CoolMOS™, and explore Infineon’s wide portfolio that supports every segment of the EV charging application.
- The training covers detailed information about Infineon's 3rd generation automotive EiceDRIVER™ 1EDI305xAS
- Participants will learn how these products help to reduce switching losses and improve thermal efficiency, resulting in longer range for hybrid and electric vehicles
Every switch needs a driver, and the right driver makes a difference.
Infineon offers different isoalted gate driver families, such as the EiceDRIVER™ Compact and the EiceDRIVER™ Enhanced. Each family has different features to protect the switch and application.
The EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver offers advanced features such as reinforced isolation, Miller clamp, slew rate control and short circuit protection to protect the switch and application. It also enables condition monitoring and rapid prototyping.
The EiceDRIVER™ is the perfect fit for industrial application, particular in combination with Infineon CoolSiC™ and IGBT switches.
- Get to know how AURIXTM is able to answer the needs of the electric vehicle market
- Recognize and explore how AURIX™ TC3xx addresses key electric vehicle challenges, and understand the main features of the AURIX™ TC3xx microcontroller
In this training you will:
- Be familiar with silicon carbide MOSFET structures and their characteristics
- Get to know Infineon's CoolSiC™ MOSFET, its features, its improvements over a typical trench MOS and how it performs against its competitors
In this training you will:
- Get to know Infineon’s IPOSIM tool, specifically for an automotive electric vehicle inverter
- Discover the steps involved in simulating different parameters and comparing the results of different Infineon products to see which is the best fit for your application
In this training you will:
- Learn about the transition from fule injection combustion engine to full battery electric vehicles and the main 48V powered applications.
- Additionally get an overview about Infineon’s comprehensive MOSFET portfolio for 48 V applications and their support material
- Infineon's HybridPACK™ Drive silicon carbide compact power modules cater to the increasing demand for high range, efficiency, and power in electrified vehicles, enabling longer drive range, compact size, and optimized system cost.
- The second generation of Infineon's HybridPACK™ Drive, utilizing CoolSiC™ technology, offers a scalable product family with enhanced features and package improvements, providing added value to customers.