With their ability to save lives and reduce injuries, airbags have become a required safety feature in today’s automobiles. But despite their vitality, there’s enormous pressure to keep airbag costs as low as possible – without jeopardizing passenger safety. What you need concretely for airbag applications: scalable, flexible solutions and a system that meets ASIL D (ISO 26262) requirements.
Infineon offers you just that. We provide flexible solutions fit for both entry-level and high-end airbag systems all of which conform to the current ISO standards. Likewise, our extensive system expertise means you can turn to us for reliable answers to all airbag-related queries. And because Infineon delivers all components from one source, you can rest assured that your airbag applications will always work dependably.
- Airbag systems are standard in most cars and are mandatory equipment in many countries, saving thousands of lives
- Infineon’s broad product spectrum supports scalability and flexibility for building systems from 4 to over 20 firing loops
- Full range of airbag ASSPs ranging from pressure sensors for side crash detection to driver and transceiver ICs
- High-performance 32-bit AURIX™ MCU family with dedicated safety features enables the integration of multiple functions
- The parts are optimized in terms of both system interoperability and the best price-performance ratio
- These systems are mandatory in order to achieve the highest possible scores in the various “New Car Assessment Programs” (NCAP) throughout the world
Reversible seatbelt pretensioner
As the primary safety feature in vehicles, seatbelts must uphold the absolute highest safety standards. A future-oriented seatbelt feature, reversible seatbelt pretentioners, replaces older pyrotechnic solutions to provide passengers with the next generation of seatbelt safety. As always, there are other factors that flow into this ASIL B application: the solution must be reliable, price-conscious and offer a high-level of integration.
In Infineon’s portfolio, you’ll find highly integrated solutions – the highest level of integration on the market – for reversible seatbelt pretentioners. What’s more, they’ll save you valuable space and respect your budget.
- Seatbelts are still the primary safety feature for protecting car passengers from severe harm
- Correct belt tension before a crash reduces the severity of injuries while also increasing passenger comfort duringnormal use
- Safety experts predict that reversible seatbelt pretensioner swill become mainstream in the future
- The illustration shows the partitioning of an Infineon system solution for this application which includes supply, microcontroller, sensor, power and communication ICs
Power and Sensing Selection Guide 2018
00_00 | Oct 18, 2018 | PDF | 12.38 mb
Automotive Power Selection Guide
01_00 | Oct 15, 2018 | PDF | 14.77 mb
Automotive Application Guide
02_00 | Nov 23, 2016 | PDF | 9.84 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
03_00 | Jul 04, 2018 | PDF | 3.99 mb
Make Your Application Wireless-Sub 1GHz RF Solutions
02_00 | Nov 20, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Product Brochure New TriCore™ Family
03_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 10.61 mb
Sensing the world - Sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
May 29, 2017 | PDF | 10.99 mb
Microcontroller Pocket Guide
01_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 2.58 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
01_00 | Nov 21, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.