Electric power steering (EPS)
Electric power steering (EPS) offers a host of advantages to automobiles and drivers. From up to 3% less fuel consumption and noticeable space savings to easier integration and software for an enhanced driving experience. What’s needed to achieve this? A reliable, high-performance EPS is made possible by aligned solutions featuring sensors and low-loss MOSFETs.
Look to Infineon for your EPS application. As a one-stop-shop, we can deliver every component, every time. In fact, we’re the only player that offers you a full EPS chipset. And you’ll get system and product know-how that’s second to none. Need a quick fix? Use our system development platform to accelerate your time to market.
AURIX™ development kit
Electric power steering (EPS) system diagram
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) improves fuel efficiency by approximately 3 percent, while also having a positive impact on car handling, the overall driving experience and comfort
- It combines a compact design with reduced mounting costs
- EPS can be adapted via software to suit diverse car models as well as dedicated driving modes
- EPS is the steering technology needed to enable advanced driver assistance systems such as side-wind compensation, lane assist/keeping and parking assistance systems
- Infineon has over ten years of experience in this exciting application and provides the full range of ICs, from sensors to microcontrollers, and from bridge drivers to world-class MOSFETs
Power and Sensing Selection Guide 2018
00_00 | Feb 19, 2018 | PDF | 23.91 mb
Automotive Power Selection Guide
01_04 | Jan 01, 2018 | PDF | 12.05 mb
Automotive Application Guide
02_00 | Nov 23, 2016 | PDF | 8.44 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
03_00 | Jul 04, 2018 | PDF | 3.41 mb
Make Your Application Wireless-Sub 1GHz RF Solutions
02_00 | Nov 20, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Product Brochure New TriCore™ Family
03_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 10.61 mb
Sensing the world - Sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
May 29, 2017 | PDF | 10.99 mb
Microcontroller Pocket Guide
01_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 2.58 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
01_00 | Nov 21, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.