Body control modules
Central body control module
Accommodating a growing number of functions on a shrinking central body control module (BCM), such as exterior and interior lighting, relay control and multiple comfort functions, requires precisely engineered products. Ones that support a high level of integration and are scalable and flexible to fulfill a broad spectrum of requirements.
With the most scalable portfolio of protected high side PROFET™ switches on the market, Infineon is your best choice. You can uniquely ensure the system’s reliability with our leading solution for short-circuit robustness. We offer a range of highly integrated products that combine various functions in one device. Such as multi-channel switches in the SPOC and SPIDER families, and System Basis Chips (SBC) for more functions in less space.
AURIX™ multicore even allows you to integrate two applications in one device: BCM and gateway. Benefits included enhanced communication with lower power consumption and a selection of top security features.
- Reduced board space due to integrated functionality
- Protected load control with sophisticated diagnostic features
- Supports the “Limp Home” functional safety concept
- High scalability and benchmark short-circuit robustness of power semiconductors (PROFET™)
- Supports a smooth transition to LEDs for interior and exterior lighting
High feature body conrol module
As ever more functions are integrated into a smaller board space, a high feature body control module (BCM) must step up and meet new demands. First and foremost, the respective semiconductor solutions require a high level of integration. And be scalable and flexible enough to accommodate a broad range of needs. Infineon offers you the most scalable portfolio of protected high side PROFET™ and SPOC™ switches on the market. Seize the unique opportunity to greatly enhance you system reliability as well: we are the benchmark in short-circuit robustness.
- AURIX™ multicore concept enables integration of two applications into one device.
- AURIX™ supports safety requirements up to ASIL-D (ISO 26262)
- AURIX™ hardware encryption (HSM) enabling advanced security features
- Encapsulation feature allows software development without interference between multiple applications
- Very high integrated functionality enables reduced board space
- All features of a classic Body Control Module are available, including protected load control with sophisticated diagnostics
Low cost body control module
Vehicles in today’s emerging markets are equipped with a low cost body control module (BCM). Here, cost-effectiveness reigns. Turn to Infineon for a broad range products tailored to various electronic sub-functions common to low cost BCMs. Our solutions feature a high level of scalability and flexibility. Get further support for your low cost BCM designs from our complete turnkey solutions and reference designs.
- Single low-cost module solution for the car body electronics
- Scalability of the devices increases the reuse grade and design flexibility
- Benchmark short-circuit robustness of power semiconductors improves system reliability (PROFET™)
- Full integration of load protection and diagnostics reduces PCB area and improves the design quality
How does an on-board charger work
How to Charge Battery Electric Vehicles
Battery Management for Electric Vehicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2