CSR Supply Chain Management
We expect our suppliers to be committed to the values reflected in our Principles of Purchasing and to fulfill our Purchase Specifications. Infineon requires that its suppliers and vendors comply with all applicable laws, including those relating to labor practices and forced labor.
These and other expectations towards suppliers including Environmental Protection, Health&Safety, Human Rights, Fair Business Practices, among others are reflected in our Principles of Purchasing. Furthermore, we expect them to support the principles of the UN Global Compact Initiative.
Infineon is not listed on US stock exchanges and therefore not legally required to comply with the requirements of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (published in August 2012) neither to publish a report on conflict minerals.
Infineon is taking systematic steps to avoid the use of Conflict Minerals in its supply chain that directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the DRC and thereby achieving and maintaining a supply chain that is DRC Conflict Free. These systematic steps are based on the five-step framework for risk-based due diligence on the source and chain of custody of Conflict Minerals in our supply chain according to the “OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas”.Moreover, Infineon has joined the so-called “Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative”. We have set out our targets in the Infineon “Conflict Minerals Policy”. Read our Conflict Minerals Policy and our Supplier Code for a Responsible Sourcing of Conflict Minerals.
Corporate responsibility and respect of human rights are essential for Infineon Technologies. Thus, Infineon is aware of the fundamental problem and, as a responsibly acting entity, has defined a group wide approach with the aim of guaranteeing the required transparency within its own supply chain.
Supplier Management is the organization, controlling and development of supplier relationships. Supplier Management is based on four interlocking modules, through which uniform sourcing, evaluation, classification and development of suppliers is achieved.
At Infineon, old and new suppliers have to fulfill a Corporate Social Responsibility questionnaire including Environmental Sustainability, Ocupational Health and Safety, and Business Continuity questions among others. These questionnaires are then evaluated by Infineon specialists. Upon receipt and review of the questionnaire, if any answers appear to be unacceptable for Infineon, an improvement process is defined and communicated to the supplier. Based on the results of our supplier’s evaluation and classification efforts, we routinely engage our suppliers in optimization initiatives. Supplier Consequence Management activities aim at the continuous identification and implementation of corrective actions which allow the suppliers enhancement in terms of compliance with our requirements. Infineon reserves also the right to audit such supplier. For more information about supplier management, please click here.
Principles of Procurement
The Principles of Procurement reflect the essential business behavior requirements as outlined in our Business Conduct Guidelines. As stated there, all of our Suppliers shall comply with all requirements described herein. In addition, each of our Suppliers shall ensure that its affiliates, contractors and subcontractors also comply with all requirements described herein.
Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights. Businesses should make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses. Our Suppliers shall comply with these principles.
- We are against all forms of child labor. Our Suppliers shall not permit work to be carried out by persons under the age of 15*.
- We demand that Suppliers reject forced labor as well.
- While we recognize and respect cultural differences, we believe that workers should be employed on the basis of their ability to do the job, rather than on the basis of personal characteristics or beliefs. We recruit, select, train, promote and compensate employees solely on the basis of work-related criteria. Furthermore, we compensate our employees fairly for their work with wages that meet at least minimum legal standards and adhere to the applicable laws, regulations and agreements on working hours and general working conditions.
Our Suppliers shall comply with these principles.
- Our Suppliers shall not tolerate any discrimination, harassment or offense based on ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, faith, ideology, gender, age, disability, marital status, union or political affiliation, appearance, sexual identity or orientation. Any forms of sexual harassment, corporal punishment, physical coercion and verbal abuse shall be prohibited, as well as any intimidating hostile or offensive conduct that interferes with an employee’s work performance.
- In addition, our Suppliers shall ensure that their employees are able to communicate and share grievances openly with management regarding working conditions and management practices without any fear of reprisal, intimidation or harassment.
* Exceptions apply to employment relationships in developing countries operating under the International Labour Organization (ILO) Convention 138 or to governmental authorized job trainings or apprenticeship programs that clearly benefit the persons participating.
Our reputation depends on how we treat people we deal with every day in the conduct of our business. Therefore we uphold our reputation by:
- abiding by the rules of fair competition and anti-trust laws
- working against corruption in all its forms
- not taking advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts and any unfair dealing practices working against corruption in all its forms.
Our employees are not allowed to accept any gifts other than gifts of nominal value. This includes the acceptance of any favors that might give rise to the appearance of improper influence.
Our Suppliers shall comply with this business practice.
Our employees shall never use their employment with us for any unjust enrichment. Our Suppliers shall ensure that their employees adhere to the aforementioned principles. In addition, the employees of our Suppliers shall refrain from offers that could give rise to the appearance of a conflict of interest for our employee.
Our Suppliers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment for all their employees and minimize all risks and hazards at all workplaces in order to protect the health and well-being of their employees, contractors and third parties visiting the premises.
Our Suppliers shall assume global and local environmental responsibilities and take the necessary steps to protect the environment in the various regions of the world in which they are operating.
Our Suppliers shall strongly support our efforts regarding security in the supply chain and the protection of our assets, in particular our intellectual property and products. Our Suppliers shall ensure that their security policies are effectively implemented, regularly checked and continuously improved. Furthermore, our Suppliers shall participate in relevant government security initiatives that are designed to strengthen the security of their supply chains and national borders and comply with security regulations defined by these initiatives.
Our Suppliers shall establish a robust and resilient supply chain and adequate processes to ensure uninterrupted product delivery and provision of services. We recommend that our Suppliers implement and administer appropriate plans to ensure business continuity.
All key suppliers are required to provide us with sufficient proof of business continuity management systems or planning, control and mitigation. Proof can be provided in the form of plans, concepts or measures that are product specific, while strategic enough to encompass risk assessment measures, disaster prevention and business interruption avoidance.
For more information, please click here.