Infineon highlights power electronics portfolio at APEC 2018
Munich, Germany and El Segundo, CA, USA – 16 February 2018 – Power semiconductor technologies based on advanced GaN, SiC and Si will share the spotlight in the Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) exhibit at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC). From March 4-8, 2018, Infineon will showcase energy-efficient, reliable and cost-effective semiconductor system solutions that contribute to a better future. The exhibit (Booth 701) takes place at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas.
Exhibits and demonstrations will highlight the growing reliability and market maturity of wide-bandgap power technologies, as well as continued improvements in industry mainstay silicon-based MOSFETs and IGBTs. Infineon will be showing new XDP™ family digital controllers, intelligent power modules and audio drivers. Also on display are GaN-based boards for telecom, server and consumer electronics applications, SiC MOSFETs and diodes, and automotive-qualified inverter modules.
Infineon will also participate in 15 sessions and seminars during APEC, including:
Sunday March 4
- Professional education seminar: Power Semiconductors for Traction Inverters in Vehicles – from Discretes to Power Modules, from Silicon to Wide Bandgap Devices (A. Christmann, D. Levett), S11, 2:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Room 206
Monday March 5
- Professional education seminar: Gate Driver Design for IGBT and SiC based Power Devices and Modules (D. Levett), S13, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Room 217BC
Tuesday March 6
- Industry session: Latest Advancements in Device and Package Technology for High Power, High Frequency Switching Device (Co-Chair: T. McDonald), IS01, 8:30 a.m. – 11:55 a.m., Room 206
- Technical session: Hybrid DC-DC Converters (Co-Chair: C. Gezgin), T02, 08:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Room 214B
- Exhibitor seminar: New Gate-Driver IC with Excellent Ground-shift Robustness (Hubert Baierl, Speaker), 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Room 217C
- Rap session 1: Biggest Impact on Power Conversion – Devices or Magnetics? (M. Schlenk), 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Rap session 2: Gate Drive Isolation Technologies – Optical, Magnetic or Capacitive Coupling (A. Tu, W. Frank), 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Rap session 3: GaN vs. SiC vs. Si for Next Generation Power Devices (G. DeBoy), 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday March 7
- Industry session: Modeling & Simulation (Chair: W. Moussa), IS10, 8:30 a.m. – 10:10 a.m., Room 213
- Technical session: Power Electronics for Utility Interface – Power Quality & Harmonics (Co-Chair: D. Giacomini), T10, 8:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m., Room 214B
- Industry session: Motor Drives, Inverters and Modules (Chair: D. Levett), IS15, 2:00 p.m. – 5:25 p.m., Room 213
- Technical session: GaN Device Opportunities and Challenges (Co-Chair: T. McDonald), T20, 2:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Room 214D
Thursday March 8
- Industry session: Reliability and Ruggedness – How to Address These Challenges in Wide Bandgap Semiconductor Devices (Co-Chair: T. McDonald), IS16, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Room 206
- Industry session: PMBus Implementation and Applications (Co-Chair: R. Balasubramaniam), IS20, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Room 213
- Poster session: AC-DC Converters (Co-Chair: D. Giacomini), D01, 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Hemisphere Ballroom C1 & C2
- Poster sessions: Miscellaneous Topics in DC-DC Converters II (Chair: A. Pathak), D03, 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Hemisphere Ballroom C1 & C2
For information on the APEC 2017 conference visit http://www.apec-conf.org