EZ-USB™ FX3S USB 5 Gbps Peripheral Controller with Storage Interface
USB 5 Gbps to 32-bit data bus with ARM9 and storage
Infineon EZ-USB™ FX3S is the latest member of the highly successful EZ-USB™ FX3 family of USB 5 Gbps peripheral controllers. In addition to USB functionality and a powerful Arm® Cortex®, EZ-USB™ FX3S’s integrated storage host controllers enable developers to add support for SD/eMMC memories and SDIO devices to their systems.
Based on the proven EZ-USB™ FX3 platform, EZ-USB™ FX3S leverages EZ-USB™ FX3’s familiar ecosystem and package to reduce your time-to-market and design complexity. EZ-USB™ FX3S has the fully configurable general programmable interface (GPIF II), which can interface with virtually any processor, ASIC, image sensor or FPGA with a parallel port. It provides easy and glue-less connectivity to popular industry interfaces such as synchronous slave FIFO, asynchronous SRAM, asynchronous and synchronous address data multiplexed interfaces, and CompactFlash. Additionally, users can define their own custom master and slave interfaces using Infineon's GPIF II (general programmable interface) designer tool.
EZ-USB™ FX3S supports up to 2 storage ports allowing developers to greatly expand their system capabilities. It supports SD 3.0 (UHS-I), eMMC 4.41 and SDIO 3.0 standards. It gives you full flexibility in terms of simultaneous data paths (between U-Port & S-Port, between P-Port & S-Port, between U-Port & P-Port), and it also allows the system to do data storage and data transfer at the same time.
FX3S can support up to 2 TB SDXC cards giving tremendous data capacity. By using 2 eMMC devices in parallel, developers can theoretically support up to 208 MBps of data storage bandwidth. Using SDIO 3.0, developers can greatly expand their system capabilities to support features such as Wi-Fi, GPS, LTE, etc.
Most versatile connectivity
- Add USB 5 Gbps capability to any system
- Up to 32 bits, 100 MHz, parallel general programmable interface (GPIF II)
- Supports SD 3.0 (UHS-I), eMMC 4.41 and SDIO 3.0 standards
Enables powerful data processing and customization
- Full accessible 32 bits, 200 MHz, ARM9 core with up to 512 KB of embedded SRAM
Easy code development and integration
- EZ-USB™ is a complete solution that includes silicon, SDK, APIs, GPIF II (general programmable interface) Designer GUI and development kit
USB 2.0 OTG compliance
- Hi-Speed On-The-Go (HS-OTG) host and peripheral compliant with On-The-Go supplement version 2.0
Additional connectivity to peripherals
- Easy connectivity to peripherals such as I²C, I²S, UART, SPI and GPIOs
Improved battery charging capabilities
- Compliant with USB BC v1.1
- Lowest total cost (bandwidth per dollar) solution for any high-speed system
- Quick time-to-market with low development costs
- Turn-key solutions on industrial standards
- Read the getting started with FX3 Application note and USB RAID 1 Disk Design Using EZ-USB® FX3S Application note
- Purchase the FX3S RAID-on-Chip Dongle or the FX3S Development Kit from the Pactron Store)
- Download the FX3S Software Development Kit
- Start your first FX3S design and refer to the SuperSpeed code examples
- Get your schematics reviewed by using the Online Tech Support Case System solutions