The TLE7268SK is Infineon’s second generation DUAL LIN transceiver designed for data transmission rates up to 20 kbps being fully compliant to the ISO17987-4, LIN specification 2.2A and SAE J2602 standards. The TLE7268SK is offered in standard DSO-14, while Infineon also offers the TLE7268LC which is realized in a tiny leadless TSON-14 package with lead tip inspection (LTI) feature providing automated optical inspection (AOI) capability. In the automotive body and interior electronics related applications, the number of LIN networks is steadily increasing. As a result, some body control modules (BCMs) are required to provide even more than 20 LIN bus connections. Additionally different component population variants for high-end to low-end BCM functionality is requested in order to realize the most attractive resulting BOM cost. Here Infineon’s TLE7268SK is offering a perfect solution, combining a DSO-14 package with a modular PCB placement capability of other single channel LIN transceivers, such as TLE7258SJ. When compared to Infineon’s TLE7268, available QUAD LIN solutions are not offering this placement flexibility. Also, the higher integration of QUAD LIN devices does not necessarily result in a more effective, less space consuming PCB layout.
Next to body control modules, the new TLE7268 DUAL LIN is also well suited for gateways as well as ultrasonic parking modules, where the sensors are connected via a dedicated LIN bus to the central module.
- Two independent single-wire LIN transceivers in one device
- Compliant to ISO 17987-4, LIN Specification 2.2 A and SAE J2602
- Very low current consumption in Sleep mode with wake-up capability
- Digital I/O levels compatible for 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- Very high ESD robustness
- Available in PG-DSO-14 and also in tiny PG-TSON-14 package
- Pin and footprint compatible with single LIN transceivers such as TLE7257SJ, TLE7258SJ, and TLE7259-3GE
- Body Control Modules and Body Domain Controllers
- Ultrasonic Parking Assist
- Gateway Modules