The TLE9350VSJ is the latest Infineon High Speed CAN transceiver generation, used inside HS CAN networks for automotive and also for industrial applications.
The TLE9350VSJ is a high speed CAN transceiver, used in HS CAN systems for automotive applications as well as for industrial applications. It is designed to fulfill the requirements of ISO 11898-2:2016 physical layer specification as well as SAE J1939 and SAE J2284.
The TLE9350VSJ is available in a RoHS compliant, halogen free PG-DSO-8 package.
As an interface between the physical bus layer and the HS CAN protocol controller, the TLE9350VSJ is designed to protect the microcontroller against interferences generated inside the network. A very high ESD robustness and the optimized RF immunity allows the use in automotive applications without additional protection devices, such as suppressor diodes or common mode chokes.
Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL output signals, the TLE9350VSJ provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE9350VSJ fulfills even stringent EMC test limits without an additional external circuit, such as a common mode choke.
The optimized transmitter symmetry combined with the optimized delay symmetry of the receiver enables the TLE9350VSJ to support CAN FD data frames. The device supports data transmission rates up to 5 MBit/s, depending on the size of the network and the inherent parasitic effects.
Fail-safe features, such as overtemperature protection, output current limitation or the TxD time-out feature are designed to protect the TLE9350VSJ and the external circuitry from irreparable damage.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Fully compliant to ISO 11898-2:2016 and SAE J2284-4/-5
- Loop delay symmetry for CAN FD data frames up to 5 MBit/s
- Certified according to VeLIO (Vehicle LAN Interoperability and Optimization) test requirements
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME) allows the use without additional common mode choke
- VIO input for voltage adaption to the microcontroller interface (3.3 V or 5 V)
- Excellent ESD robustness
- TxD time-out function
- Very low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state
- Overtemperature protection
- Protected against automotive transients according to ISO 7637 and SAE J2962-2
- Power-save mode
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- Engine control units (ECU)
- Electric power steering
- Transmission control units (TCUs)
- Chassis control modules